ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor requirements - Transitioning from QS9000 to ISO/TS16949

P

paolo_pedri

I currently have taken the QS9000 5 day lead auditor training. I have also taken the "transition to ISO/TS16949" from Plexus training (includes exam).

Does this qualify me as a ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor ?
Or is there other training needed ?

Please respond.:cfingers:

R

ralphsulser

Re: Transitioning from QS9000 to ISO/TS16949

I currently have taken the QS9000 5 day lead auditor training. I have also taken the "transition to ISO/TS16949" from Plexus training (includes exam).

Does this qualify me as a ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor ?
Or is there other training needed ?

Please respond.:cfingers:

It could depending upon if you have any Customer Specific Requirements that specifies you must have passed an accredited (such as RABQSA)TS16949 Lead Autitor course. We had Visteon requirements that required it. If you are a tier 1 your current training probably will not suffice. TS16949 does not require a lead auditor course certification.

V

vanputten

If you don't have any specific customer requirements that are in addition to TS 16949:2002, then the answer is "Yes."

Regards,

Dirk

AndyN

Moved On
I'd suggest that since the IATF/AIAG require auditors to demonstrate that they can audit a process, your QS-9000 auditor training is likely to be 'element' based. Don't forget that the two requirements are significantly different and to avoid any issues with demonstrating copetency, I believe it's in your interests to take a 'TS' auditor class, but not necessarily a LA class.
:2cents:
Andy

Q

Qualiman

Paolo:

Plexus is the official AIAG trainer as far as I know , so I could assume that their Transition training included a good covering of Process Approach for auditing.
At first, that could be enough to upgrade you from QS to TS.

I am a certified 2K IRCA Auditor, but also Consultant and trainer in TS. I have thought lots of Lead Auditor classes in Mexico (I am mexican) accredited for RABQSA to automotive Tier 1, 2, 3 companies, including some that are also known as OEM's (e.g. Visteon). The majority of those companies have been taking the LAT for TS 2002, no matter some of them had already taken the Transition training.

That is the situation I have observed in Mexico.

Qualiman

S

shamhaider

course material for TS16949 CB lead auditor

Can Anyone on this forum help me finding course material to prepare for TS CB auditor.The 3 day course, and one day evaluation will be conducted by SMMT UK.What kind of questions covers this evaluation..

G

goallout - 2009

Head Office Audit check & result ...

Need some advice on what best way to handle and write a proper solutions. There was a audit done at our fty by our HQ, to measure our total fty & process level based on 4 main headings :Adherence, risk, conpetency & KPI. Under each sub header - there are questions asking the usual stuffs like ... " Is there ...., Are all "xyz" been ..., Are there ..... etc "

The audit is done with an opening talk explaining briefly what is expected & each Dept Mgr will be called in to explain when questioned & when on the shopfloor - they would want to see evidence.

When it get started, (this later what we found out) - that the Auditor is asking relevant questions but not according to the pre-list that was informed (a/m). And the Auditors - did not use any form to record what we show and answer . When the 2 days audit was over - we were not briefed on the findings & comments made.

When the final score was revealed - my boss was in shock when the score was extremely low. We failed the audit despite we are ISO 9002 & ISO 14001 certified.

We tried to explain to our Boss that some of the findings & comments made (after 2 days later when they finally gave us the Audit report) - was not asked during that time ... and some, we did show evidence, etc ... BUT, our boss failed to listen and start yanking that we did not do a good job.

Right now, we have to write corrective actions on all the findings (some of which we did do & have evidence to show but was not ask by the auditors at that time ) ...

So ... guys, is there any advice how to go about explaining something we failed, but actually quite not ... and have to write actions.
I told my boss that the Auditor is not conpetent to understanding how the audit should be carried out. By right, the auditor should have a close meeting and run through all the findings so that we can understand & agree to it. But that was not done! I have brought out - perhaps we can have a conference call with our HQ auditor again to clarify ... but was turned down because one of them is a Global Director !

So then, what is the best way to do now. Hope some can comment & advice me what approach now.

Thanks

Top Bottom