Difference between corrective action impact and preventive actions.

Rameshwar25

Quite Involved in Discussions
My question is regarding 'impact of corrective action' and 'preventive action'. I understand that the corrective action is the action which is taken to eliminate the cause of DETECTED nonconformity and if we take similar actions on similar processes and products, it is impact of corrective actions and not the preventive action. I understand that preventive action is taken only when nonconformity HAS NOT TAKEN PLACE throughout the organization but is likely to take place.
There are some deferences between views of mine and those of my friend Mr sanjay. He says that preventive action may be taken even for detected nonconformities. He says that why there is no provision for entering details of corrective action impact in the CAPA formats.
I request someone to clarify this with some examples.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
CAI is applying a CA in other areas that may not have the issues. It is sort of a PA based on a CA. We actually have this on our CAR form.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
My question is regarding 'impact of corrective action' and 'preventive action'. I understand that the corrective action is the action which is taken to eliminate the cause of DETECTED nonconformity and if we take similar actions on similar processes and products, it is impact of corrective actions and not the preventive action. I understand that preventive action is taken only when nonconformity HAS NOT TAKEN PLACE throughout the organization but is likely to take place.
There are some deferences between views of mine and those of my friend Mr sanjay. He says that preventive action may be taken even for detected nonconformities. He says that why there is no provision for entering details of corrective action impact in the CAPA formats.
I request someone to clarify this with some examples.
It would be helpful if you could give an example from Mr. Sanjay. You've posted in the TS16949 forum, so those rules apply--PA can only be applied to potential nonconformities, not to those that have already occurred. There's been much discussion on this topic here in the past. Scroll down the page and you'll see a list of similar discussion threads.

Top Bottom