Control plans for attribute hydraulic/electronic test equipment

R

RADIOKAOS

I have a question that is in dispute and I would like to get an outside opinion
I am updating control plans on a piece of test hydraulic/electronic test equipment we currently use to validate if a part is purley "good" or "bad" nothing more nothing less . I belive the the machine terst setup is the process / the specification is " press " reset button the tolerance is green light should go on / the evaluation is Visual observation with no control method other than oberrvation. And finally Reaction plan is if Red light comes on or if no lights come on then notify you supervisor immediatly

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove, RADIOKAOS:bigwave:

There's a column on the PCP form for Product/Process Specification/Tolerance. This is a product test, so you would enter the specification for the product feature being tested, and the associated tolerance. In this case, the specification might be "Green lamp must light" or you might want to enter the actual specification that the device is testing for. For tolerance, you could just enter "Red lamp must not light" or again, enter the actual variable tolerance. "Visual" is OK for the evaluation technique, but you might want to consider some sort of control method. Is there a record made of the testing for each piece or lot? For the reaction plan, in addition to the specific "notify your supervisor," it's a good idea to refer to your document(s) for handling of nonconforming material.

Top Bottom