Values and results to check Validation of Gauge (Gage) R&R program

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Some years ago I saw a booklet from Ford as how to validate Gauge R&R programs.
At last I have found a workbook with the information.
Attached is a workbook which has values and results to check that the programs you are using are correct.
Enjoy

Attachments

• Measurement_System_Software_Callibration_Tables.xls
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,843
G

gaugefixer

Can't read file

Howard,

Is this file encrypted? I'm getting that it's in an unrecognizable format. I'm using Excel 2002.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
gaugefixer said:
Howard,

Is this file encrypted? I'm getting that it's in an unrecognizable format. I'm using Excel 2002.

It opens OK for me in Excel 2003. You might try:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It downloads and opens in Excel on my Mac running Office X (version prior to the current Mac version).

It also opens in NeoOfficeJ on my Mac.

Nice file. Thanks, Howard!

R

Rockerzz501

Re: Validation of Gauge R&R program

Howard Atkins said:
Attached is a workbook which has values and results to check that the programs you are using are correct.
Enjoy

I try to calibrate one Gage R&R variable MSA sheet posted in this site and resulting R&R is not the same with Ford standards.

I try to analyze the K1, K2, K3 constants used and I found out the constants in the MSA tested sheet is using 5.15 instead of 6 (Ford is using Six sigma for K1,K2 constants in the calibration sheet). Instead of K1=5.15/d2, Ford calibration is using 6/d2 for the standard deviation(six sigma standard).I have try to fix the constants the results are ok.:agree1:

Attached is the corrected and calibrated sheet with Ford standards. Thank you Mr. Atkins for the useful validation program.

Attachments

• SAMPLE MSA CALIBRATED SHEET.xls
    90 KB · Views: 3,039
L

lifestar

Howard

thanks for the file. can you please provide additional info on the source. Name, date, etc. Is it an AIAG publication?

Marc

Leader
Howard

thanks for the file. can you please provide additional info on the source. Name, date, etc. Is it an AIAG publication?
Most files uploaded are screened. If you open the file, it is clearly a file Ford used to give out (its logo is quite evident in the Instructions tab), just like Delphi's PPAP file which we have permission to post.

L

lifestar

I wasn't questioning the propriety of the file. I was planning on sharing it with someone else and wanted to give more information about its source - especially its age - that is all.

Marc

Leader
I'll let Howard chime in here, but I think it's an old one and it appears Rockerzz501 updated it. I haven't used it or looked at the formulas so I can't vouch for its accuracy.

On the other hand, it has been downloaded (between Howard's post and Rockerzz501's update) about 2000 times with only one 'problem' post (Rockerzz501's correction).

W

Wilsonknowledge

Enjoy

Thanks for this helpful information. May I share my learning

I just study Six Sigma and the teacher told me the Guage R&R < 30%
is acceptable is proposed by FORD, and some write state that at current change to it is a Rule of Thumb by AIAG that <10% is best, 10% to 30% may be acceptable depend on situation
:thanx:

Wilson Lee

Top Bottom