Food Processing Cleaning Procedures wanted

K

Ka Pilo

Could anybody share sample cleaning procedures? Specifically on:

1) Cleaning procedure to ensure that water reservoir tank is regularly cleaned.
2) Cleaning procedure for food contact surfaces, i.e. balance tank and filler machine and its accessories to ensure that equipment were cleaned and sanitized before use and after any interuption where it may be contaminated.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Cleaning Procedures wanted

Sounds like you need a log rather than, or in addition to, a procedure. Not knowing the specific equipment, have you considered the manufacturer's reommendations?

These sound quite specific to your equipment.

B

Bogie

I agree with Marc, a log or checklist for confirmation that the cleanings were accomplished and use of the manufacturer's manual for the actual "how" to clean.

M

mguilbert

At my old employer (a ready to eat further processor) we (QA) used IDEXX Lightning (a quick way to see if a surface is contaminate free) along with traditional swabbing/plating and touch plate methods for Listeria and other contaminates before operation began. We used these to ensure areas were clean. Remember this was almost ten years since I worked for this employer.

Link to IDEXX Lightning type product
http://www.hygiena.net/snapshot.html

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Could anybody share sample cleaning procedures? Specifically on:

1) Cleaning procedure to ensure that water reservoir tank is regularly cleaned.
2) Cleaning procedure for food contact surfaces, i.e. balance tank and filler machine and its accessories to ensure that equipment were cleaned and sanitized before use and after any interuption where it may be contaminated.

A general cleaning procedure detailing HOW TO CLEAN and for what type of equipment would be good. Then you can have logsheets as Record to support it would be fine.

The points that you highlighted in (1) and (2) would be the Records.

K

Ka Pilo

I do not know those terms - I tried to help you with regards to "documentation" concepts !
I was referring to the underscored part below.

7.5 Establishing the operational prerequisite programmes (PRPs)​
The operational PRPs shall be documented and shall include the following information for each programme:
a) food safety hazard(s) to be controlled by the programme (see 7.4.4);
b) control measure(s) (see 7.4.4);
c) monitoring procedures that demonstrate that the operational PRPs are implemented;
d) corrections and corrective actions to be taken if monitoring shows that the operational PRPs are not in
control (see 7.10.1 and 7.10.2, respectively);
e) responsibilities and authorities;​
f) record(s) of monitoring.

A

Aimee Bandalan

i want to see a cleaning and sanitation procedure...u have???

Top Bottom