TS16949 section 7.0 Product Realization - Subcontractor with no Design responsibility

millie6901

Registered Visitor
Hi ! all,
i had some confusing regarding section 7.0 , if my company do not have design centre, menas we no applicable for design, but we are subcon, if sometime customer provide us the new product or new process which of the pclause i need to comply"manufacturing process design input & output" or all the "word design are not apllicable to us"
pls advise..

thanks in advance :bonk:

D

D.Scott

If you are not "design responsible" you can omit 7.3.2.1 and 7.3.3.1 which are the product design items. All the other design items apply as they deal with process design as well as product design.

Dave

V

vanputten

Keep in mind that TS 16949 adds 7.3.2.2, Manufacturing process design input and 7.3.3.2 Manufacturing process design output.

Even thought you are not responsible for product design, you are responsible for your PROCESS design. Therefore, you can only exclude product design related requirements.

Are you providing a manufacturing service? Do you provide manufactured product back to the designer and they sell the product (then not product design responsible)?

Or are you manufacturing and selling product with soemone else's design? Do you take their design, manufacturing the product, and then sell it to other customers (then you are outsourcing design and are responsible for the design of product also)?

Regards, Dirk

Top Bottom