ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Descriptions

D

Daizes4me

DO I need training records, a job skills matrix and job descriptions. How can I avoid needing all of this? :truce:

C

Chance

Re: ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Description

This kind of documentations might already been maintained by your Human Resources. If yes, during audits you can direct the auditor too see the required records in the Human Resources department...

D

Daizes4me

Re: ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Description

No the HR dept has nothing thats why I am just wondering how much I really need to pass ISO section

C

Chance

Is the HR department not included in this certification? If this is the case, then you need to do something. Same with the company I am working.
In our company, we created a training matrix where the supervisors will update everytime a training is conducted to his employees.
We also have a one document template where supervisors can use to fill out the training titles, topics that they have provided to their personnel. We specified columns for Training Topic, Date of Training, Completed Yes or No, Trained By, Competent Yes or No.

D

Daizes4me

Company is not ISO yet, working on getting everything together so that we can have a third party come in. Very small company 20 people. I thought I could do a skills matrix and a sign off sheet of all jobs/equipment able to do by employees. Will I still need job descriptions?

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator

DO I need training records, a job skills matrix and job descriptions. How can I avoid needing all of this? :truce:

Your organization requires a process or processes for:
  • Identifying the needed competencies/skills for personnel whose jobs impact quality
  • Providing training to ensure those comptencies/skills are met
  • Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
  • Ensuring the people know how they impact quality
  • Records of training education, skills, etc.

At no point do I see a matrix or job descriptions mentioned. I do see "records", however, so I doubt you can avoid that.

Many orgnaizations go the route of a matrix and/or job descriptions because they are simple and easy to understand.

What does your organization's HR department do? Considering the close relationship between clause 6.2.2 and Human Resources, you may wish to consider working with them to determine the process(es) for meeting the requirements.

Big Jim

Admin

You need to determine what competencies are needed for each person. That is often done with a job description but can be as simple as a list of competencies needed. This need not be overly detailed. Broadly stated competencies might be in the neighborhood or six to ten per position as long as you truly cover what they need to know.

You need records showing how those competencies were gained. If you have not been registered before, you can do this with a grandfather statement showing that they have already proven their ability to meet the needs on the competency list or job description.

Going forward records will be needed for additional training as well as for new employees. Competencies new employees already had from education or previous experience can be shown with resumes, job descriptions, certificates, diplomas, etc.

Don't make it harder for yourself than you need to.

D

Daizes4me

Thanks Big Jim!

Top Bottom