Chrysler PS-80 phosphating specification approval

J

Jan T

Hi Everyone;

I am trying to find out how to get approval to Chrysler's PS-80
phosphating specification. I have called two names I was given
and have not reached them but have left numerous voicemail asking
for any information etc. but have not gotten any response as of yet.
I started Feb. 07, 2007.
Does anyone have any information or contacts anything that might help?

Thanks
Jan

B

bgwiehle

I am trying to find out how to get approval to Chrysler's PS-80 phosphating specification. ...Does anyone have any information or contacts anything that might help?

:confused: Not sure what you're looking for:
Do you need a copy of the PS-80 standard? (It is copyrighted).
Do you need to find a supplier capable of complying with this standard?
Is your company trying to become an approved supplier?
Do you need the performance specs from within the standard?
Do you have a specific question concerning the requirements of the standard?
etc.

The current version is dated 2006-04-25. The Approved Source List (Table 2) within the standard references the chemical manufacturers and Certified Applicators (Table 3) lists the coaters.

B.G. Wiehle

J

Jan T

We are trying to become an approved supplier. We are third tier and do not
normally have contact with Tier 1's or the OEM.

I am trying to find out who I would contact to get information on what has to be sent to become approved. Sometimes they want specific types of parts used for the approval plus PPAP info etc. Others are different. I have not had to get approved on anything for Chrysler in the past so I do not have a link to them who could steer me in the right direction to submit the application.

Regards
Jan

B

bgwiehle

No one with direct knowledge of this topic seems to be jumping into the discussion.

We are a Tier one supplier to Chrysler. In the past we had suppliers added to customer-spec approved source lists or obtained letters of exemption for such suppliers (especially if the first option is not feasible for the required time-frame). The performance requirements of the specification still have to be met and testing done to prove it.

:cfingers: Our PDI Coordinator tells me that sometimes the approved source lists in OEM standards apply only to the OEM itself or to specific programs. Suppliers further down the food-chain may not need to restrict themselves to using only the sources listed.

Since you describe your company as Tier 3, call your direct customer(s) and have them find out whether your company actually needs to be listed to obtain Chrysler business.

B. G. Wiehle

J

Jan T

Thanks for responding. :thanx:

I appreciate your input in this. I have check the PS-80 specification which is the Zinc Phophating Coating specification from Chrysler. It states which materials can only be used in the phosphating process and table 3 lists "Certified Applicators".

I have call my customer and asked for input as he is requesting we get this
approval, he gave me two names but I have yet to get a real life person at these numbers.:mad:

I have also requested information from our chemical supplier but am still waiting for a response.

Regards
Jan

B

bgwiehle

I have call my customer...
I have also requested information from our chemical supplier but am still waiting for a response.

There are 2 Chrysler contact names at the end of the PS-80 document (may be the same as you already have).

Your chemicals should have MSDSs - check those to verify whether those products are on the Table 2.

B.G. Wiehle

J

Jan T

These are the 2 names that I have been calling. I even requested that if they were not the right person could they please direct me to the appropriate area.

We are using the approved chemicals and have in place all of the requirements that are specified in the PS-80.

Jan

Top Bottom