Could IMDS Represent the SoC Free Test Report?

I

ignatiuswong

Dear All
could the IMDS system Represent the SoC Free Test Report,
because my Customers ask the SoC Free Test Report from our Supplier, but several Supplier told me to goes to IMDS??
Can you explain to me what is IMDS exactly ???

Best Regards,

Ignatius Benny Wong.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: Could IMDS Represent the SoC free test Report???

Hello Ignatius,

SoC is the Toyota Substances of Concern report. Toyota has joined IMDS this year. IMDS can be used. I suggest that you find out from your customer what the detailed requirements are. It is my understanding that Toyota is expecting very accurate data.

IMDS is the International Material Data System. It is used by all major car manufacturers to report materials used in their product. Sub-suppliers create MDS for their product and suppliers create their own and/or link with the sub-suppliers MDS. You, as a supplier, would submit your MDS (material data sheet) to your customer (Toyota). IMDS was started several years ago to comply with the EU ELV directive.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

M

mk_Guruprasad

Hi Kales,

You are right Toyota has recently moved in to IMDS. I think Analysis report could help you to get the details of the substance % and weight and I hope the application which we enter during the IMDS for the substances which cross the theshold limit could solve the exemption made by Toyota.

Could you please breif me about the SoC free test Report which would help me to provide you some useful details regarding the possiblity in the IMDS.

Guruprasad

I

ignatiuswong

Thanks, Kales...
My Customers Toyota requirement is Free from Pb,Hg,Cd and Cr 6+,
but i found something difficult, to open the IMDS system, because toyota in my country, only need the SoC free test Report, and my supplier in Japan said that TMC ( japan Toyota ) not required that..

Kales Veggie

Hi Kales,

You are right Toyota has recently moved in to IMDS. I think Analysis report could help you to get the details of the substance % and weight and I hope the application which we enter during the IMDS for the substances which cross the theshold limit could solve the exemption made by Toyota.

Could you please breif me about the SoC free test Report which would help me to provide you some useful details regarding the possiblity in the IMDS.

Guruprasad

Dear Guruprasad,

My suggestion would be for your company to register with IMDS (which is free and using it is free) and then either study/read about the Toyota requirements or goto a training session. There is training being offered in India by, I believe, a company called Plexus International.

If you want to start yourself, you can visit the IMDS training pages (after registration at http://www.mdsystem.com/html/en/home_en.htm) and download a copy of the training manual. It is important that before you start, you must have a good idea on how you want to enter the information into IMDS (especially important for parts with lot of components or parts with a lot of variations, like colors and features).

To submit a MDS (material data sheet) in IMDS you would need the breakdown by chemical substances of your part. This information in general comes from the raw material suppliers (such as steel, resins, rubber, oils, etc). For your SOC free report, you would submit an MDS to Toyota, declaring materials and substances used in your part.

I am currently working on a MDS for powertrain application with several hundreds of components.

Kales Veggie

Thanks, Kales...
My Customers Toyota requirement is Free from Pb,Hg,Cd and Cr 6+,
but i found something difficult, to open the IMDS system, because toyota in my country, only need the SoC free test Report, and my supplier in Japan said that TMC ( japan Toyota ) not required that..

Ignatius,

If TMC (your customer) does not require IMDS, then you have to submit a SOC report that meet their satisfaction.

You must analyze the material reports for your part (with assistance from your suppliers) and verify that you meet the SOC requirements.

TMC should give a sample form for the report that they require. Look here for some more Toyota SOC information:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/environment/production/green/pdf/all.pdf

Top Bottom