QMS Process Map - Comments on my unusual QMS process map

P

pgtips

:bigwave: This is my first post.

I am in the process of rationalizing our ISO9001:2000 procedures (hangover from the 1994 days) for inclusion on our new intranet web site. During this endeavour I have produced a novel map that attempts to describe the QMS from a PDCA perspective. I would be interested to know what you think.

p.s wish I knew about elsmar years ago.

Attachments

• QMS Map - Full.bmp
    1.9 MB · Views: 838
Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Comments on my unusual QMS process map

pgtips said:
:bigwave: This is my first post.

I am in the process of rationalizing our procedure (hangover from the 1994 days) for inclusion on our new intranet web site. During this endeavour I have produced a novel map that attempts to describe the QMS from a PDCA perspective. I would be interested to know what you think.

p.s wish I knew about elsmar years ago.

Welcome to the Cove. If you post the map, we'll be glad to have a look at it.

P

pgtips

Sorry realized my mistake, file now attached.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

pgtips said:
Sorry realized my mistake, file now attached.

I think your map represents an interesting approach, but the preponderance of arrows makes it a bit too busy. It looks like Custer's Last Stand :D

I'm not sure it's necessary to show all direct I/O relationships between processes.

N

Nicco

Jim Wynne said:
I think your map represents an interesting approach, but the preponderance of arrows makes it a bit too busy. It looks like Custer's Last Stand :D

I'm not sure it's necessary to show all direct I/O relationships between processes.

Welcome to the Cove,

I'm agree Jim's mention, too many arrow in your chart, that's make a little bit confusing for viewer, you need to let them have single or twice arrow linking to every block(function block), allowing to the sequence I/P(input) and O/P (output) as simple as possible.

P

pgtips

:thanx: I can see what you both mean. Having a rethink. I could leave out the detail at this top level and only add at the turtle map level. Will let you know how I get on.

Top Bottom