(DDR) Delivery Discrepancy Report received from customer for late delivery

C

Cordon - 2007

We received a DDR a couple of days ago for a late delivery, the screw up happened during the 4th of July holidays.

(Root cause, not exactly as written)
We were closed on the 3rd and 4th and e-mailed on the 7th for pick-up and had no responce to it. Then we e-mailed a reminder of freight for pick-up on the 11th and they picked up the product that day, the product was due on the 10th so it was 3 days late.

Here's the kicker, the freight company normally calls on a weekly basis and did not call the week of the holiday, also the gal that we deal with on the delivery stated that they were aware of the pick-up.

(Corrective action)
Watch the due date for future order, and have trucks scheduled accordingly.

I did not fill out the RC/CA on this DDR, the lady in charge of OEM did.

Opinions please. :thanx:

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Cordon said:
We received a DDR a couple of days ago for a late delivery, the screw up happened during the 4th of July holidays.

(Root cause, not exactly as written)
We were closed on the 3rd and 4th and e-mailed on the 7th for pick-up and had no responce to it. Then we e-mailed a reminder of freight for pick-up on the 11th and they picked up the product that day, the product was due on the 10th so it was 3 days late.

Here's the kicker, the freight company normally calls on a weekly basis and did not call the week of the holiday, also the gal that we deal with on the delivery stated that they were aware of the pick-up.

(Corrective action)
Watch the due date for future order, and have trucks scheduled accordingly.

I did not fill out the RC/CA on this DDR, the lady in charge of OEM did. The e-mail was sent to me but came with an attachment, so I never received it as I cannot receive attachments. :frust:

Opinions please. :thanx:
I think your CA is too vague. You failed to confirm the pick-up until one day after the due date. How about adding something to close the loop.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi Cordon,

I agree with Al that the CA is too vague. Do not use term like "watch"; instead replace with "monitor" and this monitoring could be accomplished through some spreadsheet or some tracking mechanisms.

Hope this helps,

:bigwave:

C

Cordon - 2007

Thanks for your replies! I thought the wording was a little vague also but didn't see the report until after it was sent so I thought I would get some input from the Cove, which I highly value!

Thanks again!

Top Bottom