Recycling - Pretreatment and dismantling parts for recycling activity in a car

B

BUVANESWARI

Hi all,

How would the OEM's declare the pretreatment and dismantling parts for recycling activity in a car? Is there some ISO or other standards being followed to identify these parts or does the OEM's declare on their own?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
So, what OEMs are you asking about? An actual automotive manufacturer? Sorry, but I was just a little confused and thought some clarification would help me.:eek:

In the US, there are environmental regulations about preparing a car for scrap. I can't give you a laundry list of items because I'm not sure of all of them, but for one thing, mercury switches must be removed as hazardous material. All the plastics and upholstery are removed etc.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
So, what OEMs are you asking about? An actual automotive manufacturer? Sorry, but I was just a little confused and thought some clarification would help me.:eek:

In the US, there are environmental regulations about preparing a car for scrap. I can't give you a laundry list of items because I'm not sure of all of them, but for one thing, mercury switches must be removed as hazardous material. All the plastics and upholstery are removed etc.

As well as the fuel tank..... :blowup:

Stijloor.

B

BUVANESWARI

Generally automotive manufacturers have determined their own dismantling process which is dependent on the reusable and recyclable materials. But these materials are been identified using some proven technologies.

What are these technologies??:bonk:

Top Bottom