TUV Rheinland voluntarily suspending their ANAB accreditation to AS9100/AS9120.

TrivialSublime

Involved In Discussions
I received a letter and a follow up telephone call about this on Friday. Does anyone know the back story on this? The TUV Rheinland representative was a bit vague.

R

Reg Morrison

That's strange because neither the ANAB nor the IAQG OASIS websites list them as suspended.

TrivialSublime

Involved In Discussions
Well when the reply is something like

" TUV Rheinland of North America has made the decision to voluntarily suspend our ANAB accreditation to AS9 l 00/AS9120, effective June l6, 2014, in order to better serve our clients.

The decision was made in line with TUV Rheinland?s goal to offer our clients superior service in quality management certification and help you achieve competitive advantages through improving processes and operations. To maintain the exceptional quality of service, we will
undertake restructuring of our Aerospace Certification Program while advancing our company?s processes and operations
. "

I don't have much hope to in expecting a complete explanation and was hoping Elsmar would be the place to get some feedback.

I can?t believe a registrar voluntarily surrenders anything unless there is a very good reason or in advance of being told to. Telling me they are doing it ?in order to better serve our clients.? seems a bit lite.

I can pose this question in other forums if you have concerns of pushback from TUV Rheinland. I have been told by more than one auditor that the ANAB has issues with independent websites.

R

Reg Morrison

Talk about spinning :notme:

Yes, trying to spin the voluntary accreditation suspension as a good thing for their clients is ludicrous. :mad:

There have been other voluntary suspensions, according to the ANAB website. But, according to the communication you shared, by restructuring their aerospace certification program probably means finding people with technical qualifications to manage their AS certificate audits.

In the AS9100 Forum, here at the Cove we have a recent thread about the rules concerning AS accreditation suspension.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Well when the reply is something like <snip>
I know it is difficult to believe, but it is more often true than not that asking the question by phone or in person thus, "Gee, Joe, what does this mean in plain English? Are you guys restructuring? If so, why do you need to suspend your accreditation? Why not just stop accepting new customers until your restructure is complete? Without some pure facts, this written statement sounds like a thin whitewash to cover a threat to have your company barred permanently. It kind of smacks of CEOs who are fired being allowed to issue a statement which says 'taking a sabbatical to reconnect with my family.' So, Joe, what's the deal?" will get a straight verbal answer the lawyers are unwilling to let them commit in writing.

TrivialSublime

Involved In Discussions
I understand your point Wes and hard as it is to believe I consider myself to be a straight shooter and easy person to ask such questions.
I don't believe when something like this is going on and the registrar is sending self-serving letters out that the folksy “how are you doing “approach will work, especially if there is any possibility that they are circling their wagons.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I understand your point Wes and hard as it is to believe I consider myself to be a straight shooter and easy person to ask such questions.
I don't believe when something like this is going on and the registrar is sending self-serving letters out that the folksy “how are you doing “approach will work, especially if there is any possibility that they are circling their wagons.
If the verbal is the same BS, then it would seem to be time to reconsider ANY relationship. It is extremely important in a client/registrar relationship that there be transparency and trust. Treating a client like an ignorant yahoo that can be fooled by spin talk is the same as saying, "We are lying to you now, and will continue to do so throughout our relationship."

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I know it is difficult to believe, but it is more often true than not that asking the question by phone or in person thus, "Gee, Joe, what does this mean in plain English? Are you guys restructuring? If so, why do you need to suspend your accreditation? Why not just stop accepting new customers until your restructure is complete? Without some pure facts, this written statement sounds like a thin whitewash to cover a threat to have your company barred permanently. It kind of smacks of CEOs who are fired being allowed to issue a statement which says 'taking a sabbatical to reconnect with my family.' So, Joe, what's the deal?" will get a straight verbal answer the lawyers are unwilling to let them commit in writing.
Had you read the first post, he got the information from TUV.
I received a letter and a follow up telephone call about this on Friday. Does anyone know the back story on this? The TUV Rheinland representative was a bit vague.
The question is does anyone else know the reason or has anyone else heard about it?

Top Bottom