VDA 6.3 Process Audit Scoring Guidelines

P

Popeos

Hi guys

I have scrolled through most VDA 6.3 information I could find, but I still do not understand how auditor chooses to score 0, 4, 6, 10 for each question.

Actually I have a concern that some VDA high scores may be "generous" depending on the auditor (in case there is no set rule defining what is expected from each level)

Can you confirm my understanding or share further information on how score is built ?

Thanks in advance

Popeos

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: VDA 6.3 Scoring guidelines

Hi guys

I have scrolled through most VDA 6.3 information I could find, but I still do not understand how auditor chooses to score 0, 4, 6, 10 for each question. ................................

Welcome to the Cove.

Do you mean information that you found here? Files of this nature can be found in the post attachments list. You can use 'VDA' as keyword for your search. I just checked and found that this file comes with scoring guidelines (criteria). There are others too.

P

Popeos

Thanks a lot Harry

I had reviewed several checklists but had not found the scoring explanations.

I visit many plants as an OEM auditor. How can it be that most plants are A (>92% I believe) when their shopfloor is such a mess ?

I extracted/summarized the guidelines from you file below for other viewers

10 Full compliance with requirements

8 Predominant compliance with requirements, (minor non conformities without effect on function./ hardly claimed by the internal/ external customer).

6 Partial compliance with requirements; more severe nonconformities (potentially lead to a product nonconformance / A claim is also to be expected from customers with a critical attitude )

4 Unsatisfactory compliance with requirements, major nonconformities

0 No compliance with requirements
may potentially lead to a product nonconformance
will surely be claimed by all internal/ external customers.

Thanks again

harry

Re: VDA 6.3 Scoring Guidelines

Years back, we (ISO 9001 only) had a hard time getting from 'C' to 'B' when TUV was engaged by our National Car company for this exercise. Things changed after implementation of TS.

Howard and a few others who are well versed with VDA standards would be able to answer your queries when they log in.

qusys

Could I have the update file in exl of VDA 6.3??
Is this good to make supplier assessment on their quality system?
Pls, share your experience:bigwave:

P

Popeos

Excel file is available on the forum.

It is a reknowned process audit, requested by most german car manufacturers, so I guess it can't be that bad.:)

Popeos

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

The standard has been updated and I have no experience with the new version.

The scoring can be subjective but this is supposed to be dealt with by proper training.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

Thanks a lot Harry

I visit many plants as an OEM auditor. How can it be that most plants are A (>92% I believe) when their shopfloor is such a mess ?

8 Predominant compliance with requirements, (minor non conformities without effect on function./ hardly claimed by the internal/ external customer).

6 Partial compliance with requirements; more severe nonconformities (potentially lead to a product nonconformance / A claim is also to be expected from customers with a critical attitude )

Thanks again

I am very familiar with VDA 6.3, have trained auditors and have done many myself.

Most scores are high because many auditors do not have the experience or the training or are not looking into the details of the manufacturing operations.

Kales Veggie

Could I have the update file in exl of VDA 6.3??
Is this good to make supplier assessment on their quality system?
Pls, share your experience:bigwave:

Yes, it is. VDA 6.3 document is a copyrighted document and must be purchased from the VDA.

(many companies have published checklist on their web sites. Hella for example).

Kales Veggie

Thanks a lot Harry

Thanks again

Can you share an example of a non conformance and let us judge / score using the VDA 6.3 guidelines?

"Calibration" of auditors is very important.

Top Bottom