Six sigma research for SME (small & medium size enterprises)

D

dywleung

I am search a topic to write the research proposal, I want to use " six sigma for SME", anybody has good reference literatures can introduce to me? Or besides this topic, any other topics can be suggested to me? Thanks a lot.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello there! Welcome to the Cove!:bigwave:

Is this project for a class? Is this an undergraduate/graduate class? The reason for asking is try to determine what scope the project will be.

What exactly are you interested in? Do you want to see a project that has been implemented, or a project that could be implemented?

If you have access to journals, I recall seeing several Six Sigma projects in them. They list what they did, how they did it and all. International Journal of Production Research and International Journal of Production Economics are two that had articles in them.

Also, there is a lot of ambiguity in exactly what constitutes an SME. You might want to identify a particular area. Small businesses (1-200 people) might be a good area.

I guess once I know what your scope is and what you are trying to do, I might can suggest a few more things to you.

Again, welcome!:)

D

dywleung

Dear Brad,

Thanks for your reply.:biglaugh:

It is a graduate level research.

Ideally is the research will be implemented in the company I am working for, but mostlikely the company will not allow me to implement it, so it is a industry-based ( not company based ) research.

Regards,

Leung.

sparky58

Involved In Discussions
Try seeking out the works of Dr Antony Jiju from Caledonian business school. Look especially at the inderscience publication (Jiju is editor) on six sigma and competitive advantage.

T

Tom Slack

Intriguing! I would search Quality Progress. Be mindful of the large difference between "Six Sigma" and "six sigma". Also consider searching "Statistical Thinking".

By focusing on industry functions, "six sigma" could be simplified. The core purpose of "six sigma" is planning, rational (analytical) decision making and predicting the future. It is easy to forget that when faced with complexities!

Please keep in touch.

Best wishes,

Tom

Top Bottom