Traceability of Tissue Samples

Mandy

Involved In Discussions
I've recently started a new job where I need to build up the quality system in a very small company which is mostly doing research and development of a LDT. They receive tissue samples from hospitals and I need to implement a system of traceability.
The only problem is that my background is quality in a company that had a very solid quality management system and all their systems were already set up when I started working there (so my job was to maintain the quality system). Basically I don't have experience in working with tissue samples, and am not sure what the best traceability system would be.
Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ronen E

Problem Solver
I've recently started a new job where I need to build up the quality system in a very small company which is mostly doing research and development of a LDT. They receive tissue samples from hospitals and I need to implement a system of traceability.
The only problem is that my background is quality in a company that had a very solid quality management system and all their systems were already set up when I started working there (so my job was to maintain the quality system). Basically I don't have experience in working with tissue samples, and am not sure what the best traceability system would be.
Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

Why should tracing tissue samples be different from tracing any other type of object?

Intuitively, if I was you I'd be looking at bar-coding the containers, or similar.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Top Bottom