Nonconforming Services - Procedure for Control of Non Conforming Products

M

MaryJames

Helllo all!!!
I am making a procedure for Control of Non Conforming Products and hence am in jeopardy. Basically the services that I am catering comes under supporting services of the company that is provision of Administration and Medical services to the employee. Please view the attached file and please if anyone can provide some examples of nonconformance procedure.
Thanks in advance. Apologies incase of mistakes

Attachments

• Nonconformance.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,880

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Nonconforming Services

I don't know if this will help, but here you go.

"PR" means Responsible Person.

"DIS" is an acronym for "Discrepancy".

The flowchart tool in my version of Word uses the five-sided box as a connection point to another process. It need not be connecting to an audit, but could also connect to customer satisfaction process or be turned into a four-sided box that shows input coming from whatever source.

Attachments

• CA Process flow chart.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,695

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Re: Nonconforming Services

Helllo all!!!
I am making a procedure for Control of Non Conforming Products and hence am in jeopardy. Basically the services that I am catering comes under supporting services of the company that is provision of Administration and Medical services to the employee. Please view the attached file and please if anyone can provide some examples of nonconformance procedure.
Thanks in advance. Apologies incase of mistakes

I'm a little confused why "Report Nonconformance" comes so late in the process.

This flowchart says nothing about:
  • Accountability - who is required to do what
  • Timeline - are there expected due dates (e.g., 90 days from issuance?)
  • Feedback loop to initiator or person who has the issue with product (e.g., customer)
  • Tools/Forms to use

Have you done a search here in the Cove to see other people's processes for handling nonconforming product/services. You might get some good ideas to solidify your own company's process.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Excellent suggestions from Roxanne and Jennifer (as always). Just a few thoughts from me.

There is much discussion about exactly what is nonconformance in service. Make sure you have clearly identified that.

Also, after the first step in your diagram, are there levels of notification? Are all of them reported the exact same way to the same level of people? Or, will some be reported differently than others?

In the fourth box, did you mean to state "Report Root Cause" instead of "report non-conformance"?

B

Benjamin28

It may not be applicable in your scenario, but you may want to include a provision for "stop production" and "resume production" and the authorities within your company which are responsible for those decisions.

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Good observations by Brad and Benjamin. :applause: These are both important aspects and should remain near the front of our considerations.

What constitutes a nonconformance in services could be described in process documents.

The power to stop progress of a service transaction based on nonconformance as described in a process document ought to be listed in Responsibilities. Most standards call out the requirement to empower responsible persons to trigger corrective action--this infers stopping that which is nonconforming.

The document's language should be broad enough to allow personnel the freedom to intervene, and specific enough to describe conditions in which intervention is warranted. Reconciling these two aspects effectively presents one of the everlasting challenges to our profession.

B

Britman - 2012

Have attached the process used by myself within "Manufacturing", the whole process is controlled on one form, live monitoring is controlled electronically, responsibilities are defined in a data base and will change following progress to preventative action.

If possible "corrective action" is completed on reporting the occurrance, preventative action has no define time limit, however, if no progress occurs within 5 days QA will follow up, no movement with 10 days management are advised on the status.

"Flags" within the data base will pick up any repeat issues, therefore reviewing if the preventative action is correct.

Note the stages for verification and management review.

Attachments

• QEP 07 (for cove) - Non-Conforming Control Process - Issue 1.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,161
M

MaryJames

Thank you all!! I have to learn alot :). I changed the flow chart and added somethings. I need your comments whether this one is okay or not. Apart from this flow chart I intend write description of each tasks as well. Please do tell if the time period is enough or not. For verification activity I have given five months because it can be verified through Audit.
As far as nonconfromance services that I can identify can result from:
1. Deviation from the process
2. Complaints from the customer
3. requirements not met
etc.
Brad I am still confused about those non conforming services:confused:
Thankyou All. need you r support

Attachments

• Nonconformance.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,507

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
I would be very careful about assigning time frames for compliance to the process. One corrective action can vary so much from another one, and the days can slip by for all sorts of reasons besides simple slacking.

Certainly the amount of time for certain actions should be recorded, reported if it's important to management, trended and improved upon. If actions are not taken in a certain time frame, elevating the matter to the next level of management can be promised.

The audit management tool I've attached includes an automatically generated chart for tracking time factors in corrective action items.

With this tool I've found it pretty easy to keep track of all the actions associated with my internal audits. Notice there are formulas in most of those cells. That makes the dates and charts easier for me to use and current--they update automatically.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Audit management spreadsheet.xls
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,268
B

Britman - 2012

Hi, 5 months is a long period of time and focus will be lost in other issues related or not, your corrective actions should correct the 1st occurrence, however identify and put in place preventative actions if cost / time effected - this should be monitored and reviewed on a much shorter time scale.

Your audit program is used to ensure the holistic approach to processes is functioning and not the verification of single occurrences.

Top Bottom