Oversight Audit on the CB by the ICOP Scheme

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I fully understand that this oversight audit (ICOP) is to assure that the CB has performed their function in accordance with ISO17021/ICOP/AS9104 (AS9100). We will be going through this in September 2009. Here is the email I received:

Email said:
I am the Supplemental Boeing Oversight Representative (SBOR) assigned to complete a Client Validation assessment of your CRB, (Name removed). Per AS9104, aerospace OEMs, such as Boeing, are responsible to perform oversight of CRBs used by their suppliers. The client validation assessment process consists of a document review (i.e. CRB/client contract and last three audit reports) and a validation of selected QMS processes (i.e. management review, internal audit, corrective action, control of nonconforming product, etc.). The latter is an on-site assessment. Any issues identified during the Client Validation assessment will be documented and resolved between Boeing and (Registrar's name removed).

Has anyone been through one of these currently? Provide/site some things that may have come about.

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I have a lot of "experience" in the receiving end of these debriefing sessions....:tg: After all, we have over 700+ clients certified to AS9100...

Keep in mind that this is a SUPPLEMENTAL oversight activity. To the best of my knowledge, Boeing is the only OEM doing supplemental audits.

The typical ICOP oversight activities include office visits to the CB's and witnessed audits of AEA's.

The activity described is neither one of these.

howste

Thaumaturge
I fully understand that this oversight audit (ICOP) is to assure that the CB has performed their function in accordance with ISO17021/ICOP/AS9104 (AS9100). We will be going through this in September 2009. Here is the email I received:

Has anyone been through one of these currently? Provide/site some things that may have come about.

Last year I had several Boeing employees in an AS9100 lead auditor class I taught that said they were going to participate in these supplemental audits. That's the closest I've come to being involved with them. Maybe I know your SBOR...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Last year I had several Boeing employees in an AS9100 lead auditor class I taught that said they were going to participate in these supplemental audits.
To be effective, an oversight auditor would have to know a huge body of knowledge:
  • 9100/9110/9120
  • 9104/9104-2/9104-3
  • ISO 17021
  • ISO 19011
  • IAF Mandatory documents
  • Accreditation Rules
  • IAQG Resolution log

Last edited by a moderator:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Another point here is why did Boeing select our company since they are only maybe 5-10% of our Business?

Top Bottom