Guidelines and Rules regarding 5S (Five S)

K

KidPaddy

hi guys,

is there anyone who has guidelines for 5S activities, and rules regarding the non-compliance of 5S? penalties for repeated violations?

we will be starting our 5S activities next month and i need some help on these matters as stated above.

thank you guys and more power!!

:) :thanx:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
If you do a search for 5S in the advanced search function there is a lot of information
There are threads on 5S audits etc

B

Britman - 2012

Have a very basic list of audit / check actions - a good tip would be to try a review a home.

I've done the 1st one - "Throw away the things, which are not need!" - time after time after time..............

Attachments

• 5-S PLANNING.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,350

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
hi guys,

is there anyone who has guidelines for 5S activities, and rules regarding the non-compliance of 5S? penalties for repeated violations?

we will be starting our 5S activities next month and i need some help on these matters as stated above.

thank you guys and more power!!

:) :thanx:

I avoid 'penalties for non compliance' and focus on rewarding improvement activity of any non perfect score. Additionally, use followup 'education' sessions to discuss how 5S (and all other 'tools') have contributed to the reduction of WIP, increased capacity / decreased cycles times, reduction of OT, etc. Ensurign that everyone 'sees' the results of the individual acitivities and ensurign that they understand 'why' it worked is the key to achievign compliance - or I prefer to say discipline - to the process.

S

sspoldir

I don't think I would penalize someone who is not down with it... you want these people on your team seeing the positive results and wanting to do 5S, if you chide them your just going to make them hate it and other people are going to see it and adopt that attitude as well.

Top Bottom