Manufacturing Process Design Documentation - Inputs and Outputs

M

meeeeedo

Dear Messrs,

I have a big confusion about the documentation of Manufacturing Process Design.
Is it required to put all inputs and outputs in a one file named " manufacturing process design " or make a process flow chart refer to these inputs / outputs or make a procedure describe this process ????!!!!
Realy, I want to know how to fulfill this clause of ISO/TS standard , and how the auditor will ask about that ????

Best regards

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Manufacturing Process Design

Welcome Meeeeedo,

You may not get that much response because of the weekend factor. I am sure somebody will answer your queries when the crowd comes back on Monday. Meanwhile have a look at a previous thread: Product Design vs. Manufacturing Process Design

Look here for 'outputs' and here for 'inputs'.

Use the search function to view more.

Last edited:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Dear Messrs,

I have a big confusion about the documentation of Manufacturing Process Design.
Is it required to put all inputs and outputs in a one file named " manufacturing process design " or make a process flow chart refer to these inputs / outputs or make a procedure describe this process ????!!!!
Realy, I want to know how to fulfill this clause of ISO/TS standard , and how the auditor will ask about that ????

Best regards

You should do it in a way that makes sense, and shows what's expected to go on when manufacturing processes are designed. The output part is simple--it's an efficacious manufacturing process. You can do this with a flowchart, a written document, or both if that's what works best. It's best to start by writing down the process elements in the order that they should occur, and then for each step determine the necessary inputs. For example, if the process involves new machinery, there would most likely be inputs from purchasing, machine suppliers, and perhaps your own personnel who'll be responsible for setting up the machine(s). If additional personnel will be required, there might be inputs from your human resources department, and if you have a training department, they might be involved as well. Once you have all of your information you can decide the best method of documenting it.

Top Bottom