Sampling Plan needed for Sampling Product Prior to Release

T

Toefuzz - 2006

Greetings all! I realize sampling plans have probably been discussed ad nauseam here at the Cove but I stumbled across a line while researching the subject that kind of threw my preconceived notions out the window.

As I've said before, I work for a small coating shop that continously processes related parts, most of which fit in the palm of a person's hand. We 100% inspect each part prior to packaging and perform a generic 10% audit on everything prior to shipment. I've pestered my boss into giving me free reign on one of our product lines (forget stealth quality... I'm all for annoyance quality, just whine until they give in!) and will begin implementation Monday on a trial basis. Fortunately the people I will be working alongside are fairly flexible (and relatively new hires as well) so the short development time will hopefully be offset by my/our ability to rapidly implement trial and error (and lack of brain washing). This is something I've been working on at home for quite some time so I am not totally unprepared.

The line I referenced above was "Do you need to assure the quality of products delivered to you in batches? Many standard-setting organizations adopted the Military Standard Tables for sampling inspection." I was advised by a customer (informally) to adopt an AQL 4.0 sampling plan based on the old MIL 105 Table but after browsing around a bit I've noticed that seems to be generally referred to as an incoming inspection plan. After doing some research I noticed Military Standard 1235C which seems to be for continous production. My question for ya'll is, where do I even begin now? My goal is to replace our generic 10% audit with a more statistically sound number. After the new audit procedure has been in place for awhile and I have a better feel for how things are going I'd like to look at creating some sort of flexible audit procedure based on the recent performance of the inspector being audited, possibly going to a double sampling plan. I have downloaded a few spreadsheets from the Post Attachments list and am currently exploring those but was only more confused :)

In short, what type of sampling plan would be a good starting point for a confused newbie such as myself for a continous process running multiple product lines? Please keep in mind that I will need to have a very good understanding of this as I will be working with people who may or may not have a high school diploma and I don't want them to just do what I say. I'd like them to understand WHY they are doing something so hopefully down the road as I move onto other projects they will be able to maintain the system and sugest improvements with minimal guidance on my parts.

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Hey Toe...sounds like fun!! NOT!!! LOL

Have your scrolled down to the bottome of this page for links to similar threads on continuous sampling plans. Looks like there have been a few.

T

Toefuzz - 2006

That figures... I ran a search and couldn't find what I was looking for but when the computer picks the search terms out of my post all sorts of threads come up :)

Thanks for the link Rea! I'm slightly more confident now that you've shown me that b/c one of the charts I've been using on another process is based on the same table as what you linked to. My thought is that b/c the process in question is more of a traditional automotive class "A" I will lower the AQL to 1.0 and create some sort of floating scale based on the findings from each inspector's product. Should be fun :)

Top Bottom