How do you motivate yourself? Share your motivational quotes.

M

mehmetke

After working so long in manufacturing, we need to motivate ourself time to time.
Motivational quotes help. The one inspries me most is from OSHO;
"Life in itself has no meaning. Life is an opportunity to create meaning. Meaning has not to be discovered; it has to be created. You will find meaning only if you create it. It is not lying there somewhere behind the bushes, so you can go and you search a little bit and find it. It is not there like a rock that you will find. It is a poetry to be composed, it is a song to be sung, it is a dance to be danced. "

M

Martin IT

I don't have a motivational quote to share, but, with the aim to motivate myself, I usually choose target that I can achive in no more than three/six month. I find this approach useful because it is a way to do a step forward and to have satisfaction in a short period ( e.g. compleate a task in a well define period is a target that you can achive in three months or less, to become the boss of the company where you work is your final target but is a far far goal )

So think your strategy, but concentrate on your tactics.

M

Migre

Motivational quotes really seem to divide people - you either really get something from them or hate them to their core. Personally, I go with the former.

My personal favourites:

- Failure is not a crime. Failure to learn from failure is.

- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

- I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot...and I missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that's precisely why I succeed. (Michael Jordan)

M

Migre

I still have a clipping in my wallet which my Dad gave me when I was in my teens (perhaps he knew what I'd end up doing...):

Commit yourself to quality from day one. Concentrate on each task, whether it is trivial or crucial, as if it's the only thing that matters. It is better to do nothing than to do something badly.

Top Bottom