ISO 14644 - Monitoring Clean Room Particulates (Class 8 Cleanroom)

J

jbburton

Hi,
I'm a new member and looking for some help.

We have a Class 8 cleanroom. I know there is a formula to determine the number of sample locations as per ISO14644-1. What I need to know is, is the same number of sample locations required as part of the standard environmental monitoring of the cleanroom?

Thanks.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi,
I'm a new member and looking for some help.

We have a Class 8 cleanroom. I know there is a formula to determine the number of sample locations as per ISO14644-1. What I need to know is, is the same number of sample locations required as part of the standard environmental monitoring of the cleanroom?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

Great question. :)

When we design a sampling plan for environmental monitoring of the clean rooms, we try to include the "dirty" areas, return air ducts etc so as to get the picture of the clean rooms even in the dirtiest areas.

But when the particle counts are monitored, they are purely with the intent of assessing the particle counts and may not replicate those locations.

To cut the long story short, you have to evaluate your clean room for sampling locations with the intent I mentioned above.

Pls come back if you have more questions.

J

jbburton

Thanks Ajit Basrur.

So basically, as long as we have justification we can choose as many locations as we deem necessary as long as our initial qualification covered the required number of sample locations.

Thanks again.:)

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Thanks Ajit Basrur.

So basically, as long as we have justification we can choose as many locations as we deem necessary as long as our initial qualification covered the required number of sample locations.

Thanks again.:)

ISO 14644 - 1 mentions sampling locations as square root of n where n is the area in sq mtrs.

You will have to cover these locations as part of the initial qualification exercise.

Hope this helps.

C

csterling

Hello to All,

I would really appreciate if someone could let me know if the maximum particle concentration listed in the Standard is for "at rest" or also for "Operational" state.

Thanks.

Top Bottom