Updating a Quality Manual from ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008

mosheeps

Starting to get Involved
Can someone please enlighten me on this issue?
My registrar wants me tp update/upgrade our quality manual so it will comply with 9001:2008.
As much as I read and learned the standard, I didn't find any special reference, regarding this issue, which differs form 9001:2000.
Can anyone explain to me what should I do with this request?
TIA for any input.
Moshe

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: ISO 9001:2008 and Quality Manual

You could, for example, ask that very question to your registrar. Or you could delete any and all references to the edition of the ISO 9001 standard in your manual. Or, a little more radical, you could delete any and all references to the ISO 9001 standard altogether in your manual.

AndyN

Moved On

Can someone please enlighten me on this issue?
My registrar wants me tp update/upgrade our quality manual so it will comply with 9001:2008.
As much as I read and learned the standard, I didn't find any special reference, regarding this issue, which differs form 9001:2000.
TIA for any input.
Moshe

In addition to Sidney's great advice - may I ask why your auditor thinks it needs updating? What's 'not in compliance'?

mosheeps

Starting to get Involved

You could, for example, ask that very question to your registrar. Or you could delete any and all references to the edition of the ISO 9001 standard in your manual. Or, a little more radical, you could delete any and all references to the ISO 9001 standard altogether in your manual.
Thanks, Sidney, but knowing my registrar, I don't think this was his intention.

mosheeps

Starting to get Involved

In addition to Sidney's great advice - may I ask why your auditor thinks it needs updating? What's 'not in compliance'?
Our QM complies and is certified for ISO 9001:2000.
My registrar says that after I update our QM to 2008, we will comply with 2008 and in the next audit we will be certified to 2008.
(BTW, it's a software company).

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On

Our QM complies and is certified for ISO 9001:2000.
My registrar says that after I update our QM to 2008, we will comply with 2008 and in the next audit we will be certified to 2008.
(BTW, it's a software company).

What's to update?

B

br1doeyo

I've found an article that might be helpful.

You could find it in ezinearticles (web page, sorry I'm not allowed to post links yet) under the code 1058581, search from the main page.

Added in edit: Here is the link.

Regards,
Bruno

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom