Within the 3 year certification cycle, is surveillance audit frequency changeable?

jelly1921

Quite Involved in Discussions
Within a three year certification cycle, can an organization change surveillance audit frequency?

In ISO17021:2011
9.1.9.7 Preparing audit conclusions
d) confirm the appropriateness of the audit programme or identify any modification required (e.g. scope,
audit time or dates, surveillance frequency, competence).

But in RULES for achieving IATF Recognition 3rd Edition for TS, I don't find such requirement, do I miss something or not?

Thanks!

Jelly

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Within the 3 year certification cycle, is surveillance audit frequency changeable

Within a three year certification cycle, can an organization change surveillance audit frequency?

In ISO17021:2011
9.1.9.7 Preparing audit conclusions
d) confirm the appropriateness of the audit programme or identify any modification required (e.g. scope,
audit time or dates, surveillance frequency, competence).

But in RULES for achieving IATF Recognition 3rd Edition for TS, I don't find such requirement, do I miss something or not?

Thanks!

Jelly

Depending on which CB you've chosen and how many audit days your organization is required to have for surveillance, annually, you can have one or two visits. It's unlikely that 2 half day audits is going to be much use, but for 2 or more audit days, plus the incremental expenses, some organizations prefer 2 visits a year - keeps them 'on the ball' etc.

The CB auditor can also change it if they detect an problem with the system that indicates more frequent visits are necessary to assure the system is being improved, from a number of majors, for example.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Re: Within the 3 year certification cycle, is surveillance audit frequency changeable

If you are speaking about TS the answer is no

Rules 5.1.1 Audit cycle
Surveillance audits shall be scheduled from the last day of the initial stage 2 audit or the last day of a recertification audit in accordance with table 5.1.
Once established, the surveillance interval as detailed in table 5.1 shall be maintained for the three (3)year audit cycle. In situations where the surveillance audit timing is likely to be exceeded, the certification body shall either initiate the decertification process (see section 8.0) or request a waiver from the relevant IATF Oversight office.

AndyN

Moved On

Thanks for the clarification on the ISO/TS requirements, Howard! I'd overlooked that the OP might mean that.

Top Bottom