KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in First Article Inspection

V

vp88888

Good afternoon, im just only join as npi engineer in my company, as th efirst task, my manager ask me to list down the KPI in FA.We are die casting company where mos of our products are based on automation. please show some guides.Thank You.

JLyt207

Involved In Discussions
This sounds like an unusual request. You may want to verify terminology. A KPI is more likely used as a process performance measurement. Could the term be "Key Characteristic?" That would make more sense to me.
I would read AS9102. It does a good job of explaining the FAI process including how to fill out the forms. You should also be aware of any customer specific reporting requirements. More than one of our customers require reports on specific forms.

Jeanmcgovern

Registered
FAI - KPI

There is a lot of value in tracking First Article KPI's. For example the number of times the FA prevents the mass production of defective product.
It is very important in helping to justify personnel, technology and down time waiting for results.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
agree. cycle times, rejection rates, 'escapes', and a tougher one is the number of FAI not submitted but should have been.

G

guruprasadb

Timely completion of FAI
% of of achievement to parameters
reduction in rejection % or rework % ( based on similar product or benchmark data)

Top Bottom