Employee motivation and empowerment

S

sweetmeg

Clause 6.2.2.4 a new requirement of ISO/TS16949:employee motivation and empowerment , here it states that there shall be a process to motivate quality objective achievement, continual improvements and environment for innovation with measurement process. We have existing employee motivation program in our organization includes: 5S awarding system, suggestion scheme awarding system…are we on the right track?? How about EMPOWERMENT? How to address this? And what program are we going to implement.
tnx

P

Penny Treadwell

I believe you are on the correct path. This subject was discussed with every business group in our company during our deployment phase. Like you, we use the 5S. In addition we identified education, based on needs of the business and of course employee self motivation. Self motivation can also be linked to pay increases, promotions, even simple things as zero missed days of work in a calendar year. Empowerment was simpler, all employees are empowered to stop production if they feel something is incorrect. Our documented work instructions define the steps to be taken along with containment methods.
Good luck.

V

vanputten

It appears you are on an effective path to meetng 6.2.2.4.

One thing we do to to help meet these requirement is that in every internal audit, we ask employees:

What quality objectives do they have?
What relevance does their postion have on the quality of their output?
Why is their position improtant in attaining goals?
Have they been involved in any improvement projects in their area?

I am paraphrasing the questions. These can be re-worded to a more general or user freindly questions. The intent is to measure, via interview, if employees know what their goals are, why the employees actions are important to "quality", and if the employee has assisted in improving their process, dept., etc.

When we look at the results of these questions, over time and over many areas and processes, we begin to measure the extent to which personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities.

I may not have used the best words but I am trying to convey the intent / idea of using internal audits in helping to meet the requirements of 6.2.2.4.

Regards, Dirk

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom