High Productivity Engineering - Project Execution Model vs. Project Executive Plan

T

Trucy

Hi All

First sorry because I dont know which one subject suitable with this thread so that I choice this thread to post my question at here.

I would appreciated for all if you can help me to explain difference between PROJECT EXECUTION MODEL and PROJECT EXECUTIVE PLAN to clarify for high productivity engineering works?

Additional could you send one sample for me to refer please?

Hope to hear your reply asap.
:thanx:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: High Productivity Engineering - Project Execution Model vs. Project Executive Pla

Hi All

First sorry because I don't know which one subject suitable with this thread so that I choice this thread to post my question at here.

I would appreciated for all if you can help me to explain difference between PROJECT EXECUTION MODEL and PROJECT EXECUTIVE PLAN to clarify for high productivity engineering works?

Any project management experts who can lend a hand?

Thank you very much!

Stijloor.

T

Trucy

Re: High Productivity Engineering - Project Execution Model vs. Project Executive Pla

Thks for your reply but I m not a Project Manager, only QA Eng. So I dont know how to write up for this document for PROPOSAL.

Please help!

A

ab001

Hi All

First sorry because I dont know which one subject suitable with this thread so that I choice this thread to post my question at here.

The different execs (execution vs executive) are a bit confusing, but here is how i would see it:
Project Execution Model is the template or form - a model of how each project should be executed.
Project Execution [sic] Plan is the record - a description of each project instance.

Model -
Using PMBOK terms, there are five process areas:

---------Monitor and Control----------------->
Conceive------Define-------Execute------Close.

For each of these processes there are at least nine knowledge areas you need to know about:
Time, Cost, Quality and Scope.
HR, Risk, Procurement and Communication.
Integration tying them all together.

Plan
This should set out everything listed above for your particular project.
When will it finish, how much will it cost, what does the customer expect, what are we promising?
What people do we need, what could go wrong, what do we need to buy, who do we need to talk to?
Tie it all together?

This is a living document. At the start you don't really know how long it will take, how much it will cost, ... these things become firmer as you initiate and plan. And things can change once you start executing.

A

ab001

Or a Project Executive Plan could be a one page summary of a project (executive summary) with pretty colours - traffic lights.:caution:

Top Bottom