FAA Part 145 Repair Station Postion Descriptions - Seeking Examples

R

Rob Nix

Does anyone have sample/example position descriptions (with qualifications and experience requirements) for Quality Manager / Accountable Manager or Repair Station Manager (re: AC 145-9 page 15)?

We're having a bit of an issue here on responsibility divisions and would like a little help. Thank you very much (in advance). :thanks:

J

Justin

Rob Nix said:
Does anyone have sample/example position descriptions (with qualifications and experience requirements) for Quality Manager / Accountable Manager or Repair Station Manager (re: AC 145-9 page 15)?

We're having a bit of an issue here on responsibility divisions and would like a little help. Thank you very much (in advance). :thanks:

sure, email me and I will send you the pages right out of my repair manual

:agree1:

D

Don Palmer

Here's mine

This is what our PMI has accepted. Qualifications and experience are covered in our Employee Summary Manual. Again accepted by our PMI. As to requirements, our manual does not list them, and my QA/AM likes it like that. I've wanted for years, to add qualification requirements to the manual (for all), but THE BOSS says "don't fix what ain't broke!"

BTW, our QA/AM is well qualified for the position. The Employee Summary bares that out with, FAA Certifications held, Schools and Seminars, years experience, detailed resume (all aviation related). If I'm still here and have any say in the matter, when our current Quality Manager / Accountable Manager retires (whatever), I hope to at least add qualification requirements as outlined in AC 145-9 to our manual.:rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND AUTHORITY

DIRECTOR of QUALITY ASSURANCE/ACCOUNTABLE MANAGER

1) He shall be directly responsible to the President. He shall assist the President in all matters concerning the operation of the Repair Station.
2) He shall be responsible for the entire quality system for the Repair Station.
3) He shall maintain assurance of the accuracy of all technical data or technical publication(s) available and required under current regulations.
4) He shall be responsible overall, for the development, approval, issuance and continued revision of all technical manuals, such as material process specifications, Repair Station Manual, Quality Control System and Procedures Manual, or any such newly developed manuals or specifications.
5) He shall have the authority to make all necessary approvals, inspections, delegations or recommendations concerning operation of the Repair Station within reason of his delegation, certification, or experience.
6) He shall direct and/or assist the Chief Inspector in the quality control/assurance functions of the Repair Station.
7) He may delegate all duties assigned to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve him of his overall responsibilities.

Having been designated by this certificated repair station as the Accountable Manager, he is responsible for and has the authority over all repair station operations that are conducted under FAR Part 145. He shall ensure that repair station personnel follow the regulations. Additionally, he shall serve as the primary contact with the FAA.

Top Bottom