Inexpensive Gage Management Software recommendations for less than 75 Gages

L

louc74

I looking for an inexpensive gage management software, I have less than 75 gages to manage / calibrate. I am currently using a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet but it is a lot more work than it is worth.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Can you share the spreadsheet? Maybe it can be improved so it's less work. Entries are entries, regardless of the application and a report needs clicking on buttons with Gage Track as well as Excel.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Instead of posting what you have here, I wondered if you have tried the Post Attachments List? See the green button in the header. I looked up options in there using key word "calibration" and came up with this list of attachments. I looked at one of the databases in there and thought it was pretty cool. :agree1:

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
We have used Gagepack for many years. Simple to use. A single user version is a few hundred dollars. Gets the job done. Good luck.

L

louc74

There are a bunch of cool options in that link, Thanks. I will look into Gagepack. Happy New Year.

N

notadog

How many gages do you have? You then need to ask yourself, What do I want? What do I need? Demos are great if you have the time. You are not going to know how to use them. Learning curve.

I have been using Gagepack for a number of years. How important are reports to you? That is my biggest complaint about this software. The canned reports do not provide enough information and editing them is a time consuming effort. When I got the software, I took the time, learned and few things, and then made a few of them my own. I then found out that whenever you create/modify a report and give it a new name, you will have to manually move the report(s), evey time you get an upgrade. I use my own reports (worksheets) very heavily. Version 11 has just came out and they were not imported, I had to move them by hand again, and then found out that the five that I rely on the most, wouldn't work. I sent them into GP, 4/21, and it will be sometime on 4/23, when I get them back.

The online chat room is a place for you to contact GP almost imediately. That's great but be prepared for them to ask you a 100 questions about your problem. I've used it, but I don't like to. I know they're just trying to find out what you need, but 100 ? is annoiying. I wouldn't want that job.

It also has a place for you to list your suppliers/vendors. You have to find a convention to keep track of a vendor when there are two of them with the same name, but different towns. Fluke 1, Washington, and Fluke 2, Arizona.

Don't get me wrong, the price is right for this software. But, you get what you paid for. I feel like I bought a leg and I really needed all of the body parts to make this work. We have about 1000 gages. The problem with any canned routine is that you get the bear minimim. Unless you buy from Fluke!

If you build you own, then you are your support. We had our own but he retired. Sure wished he hadn't.

A

Al Weisenborn

Disclaimer: I am the author of the software discussed in this reply.:cool:
You can use TrackPro Calibration and Maintenance software to track up to 150 items. The software is not limited in any other way. It can be used in any of 10 languages.

You can download it at trackpro.org.

Best Regards,

Al

L

louc74

Good stuff. Track Pro is what I have been using for a few months now and I am very impressed. The reports are what sold me. We will upgrade Track Pro as we grow. Thanks Al.

Lou

Top Bottom