Advisory Services - Design and Development requirements per clause 7.3 of ISO 9001

S

Shady M Salman

I am developing a QMS for an establishment which give services for SME entrepreneurs... the service include advisory on many topics such as how to develop a business plan, how to have balance sheet ... what they need to consider in their business ... etc.

my question now ..... since they give all these advices, does advisory services treated as design and development as per clause 7.3 of ISO 9001:2008?

if yes ....I need an explanation of how it would be to comply with the sub-clauses requirements.

many thanks...

Shady

B

Brunetta

Re: Advisory Services - Design and Development requirements per clause 7.3 of ISO 900

Yes, it sounds like you do design and develop. More information is needed in my opinion but here are three basic questions you should be asking your "moneymakers" in the company.
How does your organization determine what consultative advice (service) your customer needs?
How and what is used to provide(deliver) this consultative service?
How does your organization know that the service provided was what the customer required?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Advisory Services - Design and Development requirements per clause 7.3 of ISO 900

I am developing a QMS for an establishment which give services for SME entrepreneurs... the service include advisory on many topics such as how to develop a business plan, how to have balance sheet ... what they need to consider in their business ... etc.

my question now ..... since they give all these advices, does advisory services treated as design and development as per clause 7.3 of ISO 9001:2008?

if yes ....I need an explanation of how it would be to comply with the sub-clauses requirements.

many thanks...

Shady
Hi and welcome to the cove here. Good question to open.
The delivering of the advisory is the service provision part (7.5) where as deciding what specific advise needs to be framed and how it must be tailored forms the design and development part.
The inputs come from customer + your previous experiences and knowledge + several other learnings and statutory, regulatory requirements.
You create outputs that meets the input, review them and perhaps some changes would be felt necessary and made which is the result of the verification you did to see how true and correct your outputs were.
Validation is tricky, however please note what ISO9001:2008 says at 7.3.6
Wherever practicable, validation shall be completed prior to the delivery or implementation of the product.
So your validation happens as the customer executes tasks per your advise and you thereby gather more experience and will have the expertice to suggest quick and proper changes to already advised information, if felt necessary, or keep a contingency plan option to the customer.
Then its done ~~~

S

Shady M Salman

Thank you all...

it was informative replies.

Regards,
Shady

Top Bottom