AIAG B-10 Labeling Standard vs. VDA 4902

L

lk2012

Hi folks,
we're trying to unify box labelling across sites all over the world. We want to use the standard Automotive label accepted by most companies in the industry.

Has anyone got the lowdown on labelling spec according to AIAG B-10?

Can you please advise what is the difference between the requirements / label specification in VDA4902 and AIAG B-10?

Much appreciated!
Lil

M

mwohlg

I don't have access to the labeling standards themselves anymore. In another life years ago when I was actively involved in my company's label layouts it seemed like one of the biggest differences was the sizes themselves (AIAG std is 4.5"x6.5", Odette was something like 5x8"?) But the driver was the customer requirements: if you are shipping to GM & Ford in North America, they will not accept the Odette or VDA format. Nissan & Toyota had their own formats. I presume that VW/PSA/Fiat/et.al. will insist on their own format.

If you can find a format that all your customers will accept, you will have succeeded where 40 years of SAE and AIAG and ISO "collaboration" has failed. Not to be a downer, but it is harder than it sounds.

L

lk2012

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for the great response.
We're not aiming to take over the role of ISO/AIAG but just trying to eradicate repeated complaints about mislabelling caused by our utterly incompetent warehouse who seem to be unable to perform simple overchecks.

Top Bottom