Deming's SoPK (System of Profound Knowledge) Discussion

W

WALLACE

SoPK shared, explained and developed.

Here's a new start to a balanced approach to sharing, explaining the interpretations and, further developments of A System of Profound Knowledge.
Lets be gentle and respectful to each other regarding this fascinating subject of A SoPK.
Attached is visual representation of a SoPK. It has been posted before and didn't get much response, maybe this is where it's new home is meant to be. Feel free to add and submit your recomendations for the development of the visual interpretation that may allow a balanced approach to sharing, explaining and developing A SoPK.
Wallace.

Attachments

• VM SoPK.zip
    564.2 KB · Views: 823

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
It will be interesting to see if we help anyone reach an
"AHA!"
moment.

Even the folk who try to cast stones and heap ridicule (especially the 'yawners') will be helpful because we can gain a sense of the resistance to systems thinking.

From one of the choir - Wes

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Wallace,

We'll try again. Even if things develop slowly, we need to keep remember not to take it personally.

Yes Wes, having the pros and cons presented and explained refine theory or solidify it. I'm hopeful that if folks find themselves at odd with a statement made by another contributor that they enter into a dialogue for discovery rather than the traditional discussions we generally enter.

Any other ground rules we should consider? They should be detailed within the first few posts so folks know where to find them.

Kevin

W

WALLACE

Ground rules guide

Attached is a jpeg image that may be a guide to those wishing to contribute to this thread.
It's just a guidline for clarity and, common sense of course.
Wallace.

Attachments

• SoPK thread Ground rules.jpg
    SoPK thread Ground rules.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 648

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I sure agree with the guide. (IMO, good for most posts in ANY forum.)
I'm off on errands. Back tonight to see how this thread develops.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Kevin Mader said:
Wallace,

I'm hopeful that if folks find themselves at odd with a statement made by another contributor that they enter into a dialogue for discovery rather than the traditional discussions we generally enter.

Any other ground rules we should consider? They should be detailed within the first few posts so folks know where to find them.

Kevin

Kevin and Other "Demingites",

I applaud your (and other's) efforts at helping to clairify the SoPK -- IMO that is needed.

But it seems to me you are insinuating that in other threads posts are not for a “dialogue for discovery” but for something else. Please explain. And explain to me why this thread needs its own “special” rules for posting. IMHO it seems to me you folks are starting off this thread right from the beginning by lightly insulting other threads and suggesting that this thread is somehow “above” others, therefore requiring “special” rules. Is that really the best way to start? I don't mean to "cast stones or heap ridicule" just for kicks, but rightly or wrongly I just get a sense -- a gut feeling -- about how this is starting and it ain't a good one. Sometimes it’s not the steak, it’s the sizzle.

So am I way off base -- anyone?

W

WALLACE

Mike,
I haven't read too much into threads at the Cove in a negative manner, I've had my moments though.
Yeah some folk at the Cove tend to use sarcasm, open insults and ridicule to get their points across but, that's all part of the human condition and, I fully accept the human condition.
There's no special rules for posting at the Cove yet, I firmly believe, it's possible to use sarcasm, open insults and ridicule in a positive manner when posting at the Cove. Each and every post at the cove has potential as a "Dialogue for discovery”.
Consideration should, for the sake of respect for others at the Cove, be made when posting at the Cove. We all have degrees of sensitivity regarding learning, knowledge sharing and respectful confrontation.
The ground rules are a good way of agreeing to a process that, when adopted by consensus, facilitates a productive flow to thread discussions, it's a guideline of common sense.
Peace out Mike.
Wallace.

R

ralphsulser

I think it means leave your ego's at the door, and try to absorb, and participate, rather than control. Learning how to improve what we are doing is always a positive experience. Cynics tend to obstruct the benefits of learning. Questions will always arise for puposes of understanding, and clarification. This allows all to learn something. So, I guess it's like a TV program, if you don't like what's on you have a choice not to participate. This same philosphy applies to other threads as well. Respect, dignity and value of others opinions along with suggestions for improvement.

W

WALLACE

SoPK visual broken down

Attached for your viewing are the four parts of the SoPK visual separated for individual viewing.
Wallace.

Attachments

• Variation.zip
    98 KB · Views: 515
  • Systems thinking.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 573
  • Theory of Knowledge.zip
    139.5 KB · Views: 485
  • Psychology.zip
    249.2 KB · Views: 442
R

Raptorwild

ralphsulser said:
I think it means leave your ego's at the door, and try to absorb, and participate, rather than control. Learning how to improve what we are doing is always a positive experience. Cynics tend to obstruct the benefits of learning. Questions will always arise for puposes of understanding, and clarification. This allows all to learn something. So, I guess it's like a TV program, if you don't like what's on you have a choice not to participate. This same philosphy applies to other threads as well. Respect, dignity and value of others opinions along with suggestions for improvement.

I agree! I feel pretty stupid, since I just asked for help on this subject in another thread before discovering this one! I am like a sponge, soaking up all your knowledge no matter how you spit it out! :biglaugh:

Thanks to everyones input here at the cove!
Paula

Top Bottom