Good Warehousing Practices - Examples?

E

element79

Hi Covers!

Do you have any leads on where I could find examples of Good Warehousing Practices (GWP), preferably for the feeds manufacturing industry?

I've seen bits and pieces on warehousing practices mentioned as part of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), but have you guys come across one specific for warehousing? Something with specifics like stacking height, and recommended space in between stocks on pallets would be nice to have too.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :thanx:

-A.

E

element79

Hi

This Medsafe document is old but I think it covers good warehouse practice well. It doesn't go into things like stack height or spacing between pallets. These type of issues may belinked to the type of facility and equipment you have available.

Thanks medgar! :thanks: I'll look into the NZ GMP document that you provided and see which ones we may apply for our purposes.

I just came across a document from Kraft foods that I'll be using as reference, too. It's called "Global Warehousing, Handling, Storage, Re-packing & Transportation Quality Expectations." I read that they recommend a minimum of 12" to 18" space between pallets. Still no dice on the stacking height though.

- A.

Attachments

• Kraft%20Global%20WH%20expectations%20final%20August%202010.pdf
    436.8 KB · Views: 245
S

steve hussain

Can some send me a checklist for handling and storage of steel materials.

Top Bottom