DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report) for Vehicle Labels?

T

TinaFoster

Hello Forum!
I need assistance. I am a SQE for interior parts and I was recently given Labels that go on the exterior. These labels are put on the vehicle independant from a supplied part. The labels are printed then put on durring general assembly. My question, does anyone PPAP these? If so, would someone like to share thier DVP with me? I really need assistance with tracking down the testing requirments for durrablity, etc. The Labels in question are Engine VIN, Anti-theft, Fuel Grade, Certification, Tire Pressure (on b-pillar above stricker) etc. Each one of these should have a seperate DVP but I need a place to start. Thanks in Advance!

-Tina

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: DVP&R for Vehicle Labels?

The drawings don't specify testing requirements, or refer to performance standards?

R

Reality99

I don't have a list or a program how to PPAP a label, but answering the question is it needed? I will say YES.
Maybe you heard about Toyota making a recall about labels with no correct tire pressure information. They placed the wrong one, I think it was the Sienna. Not sure if it was supplier or assy plant fault.
The other case was with my former employer. We shipped labels and then we found out that in the some cars in Middle East (Asia), the ink of our labels was melting down. All because we weren't PPAP'd by customer in these labels, so no addecuate care was sought with this ink.

T

tomvehoski

I worked with a label supplier years ago that did PPAP the same types of labels, but I don't have anything concrete to provide you. They also did drug labels and packaging, so their standards were incredibly high - you don't want a 6 looking like an 8 causing someone to overdose.

You need to look at the drawings and related specifications to determine what the requirements are. There should be adhesion, chemical resistance, UV resistance, abrasion or other things called out that can be tested.

Top Bottom