ISO/IEC 17025 Clause 4.4 - Review of requests, tenders and contracts

V

Voodoo Queen

My organization is working on "filling the gaps" in our policies/procedures for ISO 17025 accreditation. There was a question regarding clause 4.4 "Review of requests, tenders and contracts" -- we don't create contracts as we only service internal customers, but in reviewing the standard this clause also applies to them. How can we fulfill this requirement? Our lab doesn't determine the necessary testing for products we just complete it per product specifications.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: ISO/IEC 17025 Clause 4.4 - Need clarification

My organization is working on "filling the gaps" in our policies/procedures for ISO 17025 accreditation. There was a question regarding clause 4.4 "Review of requests, tenders and contracts" -- we don't create contracts as we only service internal customers, but in reviewing the standard this clause also applies to them. How can we fulfill this requirement? Our lab doesn't determine the necessary testing for products we just complete it per product specifications.

This requirement is appplicable to your lab. even in servicing internal customers. It's worded for all lab/customer relationships. What they are trying to define here is a formalized method for agreeing with the 'customer' what the lab is supposed to do and have that documented. An internal lab. work order or similar.

Even if your testing is standardized, there are a number of other considerations you might have to bring to the attention of the customer - like what do they want done with the samples? Do they want you to interpret the results? Who to contact in the event of a test failure. You may already do these things, but maybe not formally. As a result you may miss a key issue that 'they' didn't know 'you' do (or not). Best get it written down and agreed.

I

Intesar

Re: ISO/IEC 17025 Clause 4.4 - Need clarification

You can develop (SLA) service level agreements with your internal costumers

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource

Many internal labs are accredited, where they only service the parent and the parent drives the requirements. There needs to be reference to how the specific requirements and necessary schedules and so forth are communicated to the lab. Note that in the lab quality manual and move to the next Clause.

Also, when time to select your accrediting body, go to www.ilac.org and find your country in the membership. If there are ILAC Signatory bodies for your country it/they will be listed. if more than one, talk to all before deciding on one.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom