What is the complete Job Responsibilities of a Quality Manager or Incharge?

S

sasiengineer

Hello all,

I believe Cove is the best place to meet all Quality Experts right from Senior Level Consultant to Junior Quality Engineers.

Can any one share or say, what is the job responsibility of a Quality Manager and where you will face complexity in your job? Say Example, Training, Internal Auditing or Developing procedures etc..

I hope your experience will help me to understand more about Quality System

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
sasiengineer said:
Hello all,

I believe Cove is the best place to meet all Quality Experts right from Senior Level Consultant to Junior Quality Engineers.

Can any one share or say, what is the job responsibility of a Quality Manager and where you will face complexity in your job? Say Example, Training, Internal Auditing or Developing procedures etc..

I hope your experience will help me to understand more about Quality System

That would really vary on the Company's description. But check out this post regarding a Job.

AlRosen said:
This is a Quality Assurance Manager position with an electromechanical systems and components company located Anywhere, USA. In this position, you will be responsible for testing and certification of systems. Will coordinate work on QA projects with other departments. Will promote Total Quality Management. Will implement the principles of Six Sigma throughout the business.

Will develop quality standards, procedures, and processes involving product release. Will use quality function deployment techniques, failure mode and effects analysis, and implement robust design processes. Manage the inspection function, providing timely data to manufacturing and other departments. Will work with all departments to develop and prepare internal procedures and specifications. Audit quality systems, evaluate and audit suppliers, manage inspection.

BS degree in engineering required plus at least 5-8 years experience, including at least three years experience as a Quality Manager. Technical training in mechanical and electrical inspection required. Quality control experience equivalent to CQE is required. Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or close, plus experience in a product design and manufacturing environment would be a terrific plus.

That is a pretty good job description. But, remember, that each company has their own functions/responsibilities.

Another source you may want to check out, is the BOK for a CMQOE and/or CQE at their website which is: http://www.asq.org/

The only problem that might occur, is that it would only be accessible by the ASQ Membership, but I don't for a fact.

Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Job Responsibilities of a Quality Manager are also discussed in several existing threads. Please see the 'Similar Threads' list below - Scroll down below the 'Quick Reply' box.

S

sasiengineer

Marc said:
Job Responsibilities of a Quality Manager are also discussed in several existing threads. Please see the 'Similar Threads' list below - Scroll down below the 'Quick Reply' box.

Thanks Mr Marc

I am new to Cove. I will go throught it now.

And many thanks for your wonderful presentation "Understanding and Implementing An ISO 9001 Related QMS"

S

sasiengineer

Coury Ferguson said:
That would really vary on the Company's description. But check out this post regarding a Job.

That is a pretty good job description. But, remember, that each company has their own functions/responsibilities.

Another source you may want to check out, is the BOK for a CQM and/or CQE at their website which is: http://www.asq.org/

The only problem that might occur, is that it would only be accessible by the ASQ Membership, but I don't for a fact.

Thanks Mr Coury Ferguson

You are the first person always reply my Threads!!!.
I will get back to you after read the link that you gave to me

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
sasiengineer said:
Thanks Mr Coury Ferguson

You are the first person always reply my Threads!!!.
I will get back to you after read the link that you gave to me

That is why the Cove is here. To further your knowledge from experienced people.

The real thanks goes to Marc for having this forum.

Top Bottom