Returns Process Flowchart Advice

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
I was wondering if I could get some input from the Cove regarding my product returns process that I have just rewritten. The original is too specific/detailed and a lengthy nightmare. See attached bare bones flowchart for a "generalized" returns process. What do I need to add to the guts of the flowchart to make it pass ISO 9001(besides the doc name, number, rev, date info)?:confused: I really want this as bare as possible.

The only place I see a direct requirement for a documented process for customer complaints(in our case - product returns) is in ISO 9001 is 8.5.2(a).

Attachments

• Returns Process.doc
    40 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
R

RosieA

Have you tested it out on the person who actually does the returns process?

That would tell you whether the flow chart is complete enough to be followed.

It seems to me that the returns process is one that every company finds troublesome. It has been a problem in every company I've worked for. It's usually very complicated and attempts to distill it into something bare bones only leads to lots of misunderstandings and snafus if there isn't a procedure to back up the flow chart.

Just MHO.

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
RosieA said:
Have you tested it out on the person who actually does the returns process? Just MHO.

Well, a number of people could be initiating the process from the get-go and sending off to someone else, who sends the product onward, etc, until the product hits the last spot. Not just one person. It also could be just one person for the whole process depending upon the product type. That's why I was so very vague. I can specify the different Depts that may be involved but not the persons / job titles.

To answer the question: No, I have not tested it on a person. I basically took the current written text, condensed it, and then put it into a flowchart format. I was hoping a procedure written in flowchart format would suffice without too much specific detail.

I have never written a bare bones procedure! I usually am very detailed.

Top Bottom