MBA Finance major & HR minor job opportunity in TQM field

S

subhankar1

Respect Sir / Madam

I am Subhankar Nandan I am pursuing MBA Finance as Major and HR as minor.

I am looking forward to work in TQM field.

Is this combination of MBA id good to get in to TQM career? What should be my combination?

My college only offers Finance & Hr as Major and Mktg as Minor...

I worked as as0sistent to Management Representative (1 year 8 months) and start my career as Management representative... after MBA

Education Back ground
1. B.com
2. MBA finance major & HR minor

Please suggest me how should I strategies my career plan.

Thank you in advance for your professional inputs.:thanks:

Yours faith fully
Subhankar Nandan

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day Subhankar,

Your education plan seems reasonable, though both finance and human resources tend to be specialized fields that may not provide a reliable portal into TQM practice.

I regret to say I am not aware of a career path in the U.S. for TQM, which I hope to have correctly identified as Total Quality Management. If there was such a career, I would be pounding on the door for entry! Most U.S. managers do not know about it, much less practice it or employ people to champion it. :(

One can, however seek placement in enlightened organizations, and for that day it helps to be prepared. One of the best things I ever did was volunteer as an Examiner for a state version of the Baldrige Quality Award. I understand an equivalent in India is the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award. If you are able, I suggest you try to work as a volunteer Examiner for that group, or something similar. When I did this I gained valuable experience in applying the TQM principles that form the foundation of the Award. In addition, I found professionals like myself with whom to network, and an idea of which organizations are out there are among the enlightened, and why.

I have also used the experience as a volunteerism item on my resume, which has received positive notice among those who understand it.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom