SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) Process Mapping Tool example

M

mjones2

I am looking for an example of a cypox process mapping tool? Does anyone have one, know what one is?

Thanks,

Maggie

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Has anyone heard of a cypox (sp) process mapping tool?

I am looking for an example of a cypox process mapping tool? Does anyone have one, know what one is?

Thanks,

Maggie

Hi maggie,

I did a quick Google but could not find one :(

Do you have more info like from where did you hear this or is this recommended by any customer etc. ? What is the "sp" that you wrote in the title ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks,

Maggie

Maggie,

Are you referring to SIPOC? (A six-sigma concept).

Stijloor.

A

AdamP

Hi - as noted the term is SIPOC (an acronym for: Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer) and it's simply a high level process flow map, with notes on the 5 elements. Not something that's template dependent or that makes use of icons or such.

The context, or value of a SIPOC is for those cases when you (the investigator) have little to no knowledge of the process or business system you have been tasked with investigating. So here, you'd sketch out the high level process (imagine: Take order - make product - deliver finished product) and you'd ask 'who are the suppliers to this process?', 'what are the inputs or resources needed for this process?', 'what are the outputs or results of this process?', and 'who are the customers of this process?'.

If you work within the process or business area, you may already have enough knowledge that a SIPOC will be of little benefit for your team, but it can still help with stakeholder communications - where those folks may not know as much.

Curiously, legend has it that someone in GE noted that we should all be customer focused, so they reversed it and "created" a COPIS map.

Hope this helps -

Cheers,

Adam

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Friends,

I hope Maggie will respond. ;)

Stijloor.

M

mjones2

Thanks so much, you guys pointed me in the right direction.

I was also able to find some you tube video's which helped me put one together. I would like to modify it slightly to add measures of performances.

I have attached a couple of files that I found helpful. :applause:

Attachments

• SIPOC_2007.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 731
  • sipoc process mapping.pdf
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,144

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks so much, you guys pointed me in the right direction.

I was also able to find some you tube video's which helped me put one together. I would like to modify it slightly to add measures of performances.

I have attached a couple of files that I found helpful. :applause:

I corrected the title of this thread to include SIPOC. :agree1:

Stijloor.

D

Duke Okes

Here's the form I use in my Measuring Process & Organizational Performance courses.

Attachments

• SIPOC form.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 549
Top Bottom