The organization shall have internal auditors - 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

vitortavares

Involved In Discussions
Hello covers

In the requirement 8.2.2.5 says that “The organization shall have internal auditors...”.

I know that this means that the organization shall have internal auditors that are qualified to perform internal audits to the QMS, manufacturer process and product according to the requirements of the TS, but my doubt is:

It’s desirable to have auditors that are also company workers or have internal auditors that are contracted to perform internal audits.

I hope that your opinions and experiences help me decide this matter.

Thank you in advance.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Hello covers

In the requirement 8.2.2.5 says that “The organization shall have internal auditors...”.

I know that this means that the organization shall have internal auditors that are qualified to perform internal audits to the QMS, manufacturer process and product according to the requirements of the TS, but my doubt is:

It’s desirable to have auditors that are also company workers or have internal auditors that are contracted to perform internal audits.

Thank you in advance.

Hi vitortavares,
in my external audit I saw some organization that have contracted internal audits to external auditing company, but these were organization ISO 9001 certified.
From ISO TS, it could be different, because internal audit, belongs to the company itself, shall also know customer requirements for the organziation business. So this kind if audit could not be deployed to external outsource.
Besides, one CSR of major automotive company ( Ford, Chrisler, GM) also required internal auditors qualified by an external body to perform internal audit.

B

brahmaiah

Hello covers

Thank you in advance.
Internal auditors should be be in the rolls of the organization.In small companies, properly trained TS3 auditors are difficult to get.A practical solution for this problem is to formally appoint a consultant with designation of Internal auditor on contract and carry out internal audit.
V.J.Brahmaiah

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

<snip> For ISO/TS, it could be different, because internal audit, belongs to the company itself, shall also know customer requirements for the organziation business. So this kind if audit could not be deployed to external outsource. Besides, one CSR of major automotive company ( Ford, Chrysler, GM) also required internal auditors qualified by an external body to perform internal audit.

Not really, I perform internal audits for some of my ISO/TS 16949 certified Clients.
I am an AIAG Certified Supplier Auditor. It has never been an issue.

Stijloor.

AndyN

Moved On

Not really, I perform internal audits for some of my ISO/TS 16949 certified Clients.
I am an AIAG Certified Supplier Auditor. It has never been an issue.

Stijloor.

Excellent point, Jan. Many smaller suppliers in automotive - especially with the current economic stress can only use contracted auditors because often they have the knowledge of those tools CSRs etc.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
J

Jan T

Hi Guys;

You can do both. We are a small company and as such I have be trained as an internal auditor by our Registrar and we have an trained and certified external auditor come in and audit the areas that I am directly responsible for. This has never been a problem.

Regards
Jan

Top Bottom