Gage R&R for Visual Inspection for Sheet Steel

S

Sean Kelley

We are being asked to develop a method for doing gage r&r on visual inspection of steel on the various defects on sheet steel. I work at a steel mill that melts scrap and does hot rolling, cold rolling and galvanizing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:thanx:

J

Justpit

If you try to evaluate the visual inspectors how good or bad performance the detections the analysis is call "Attribute Agreement Analysis" Minitab have it and also a tutorial that you can use.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
I think you have to develop samples of good and no good and create a board with these "Controlled" samples for operator / inspector training. A catalogue with pictures of Good and No good is another option.

Then you would create "test" samples based on your production variation and do your GRR.

So, first you have to establish the standards

A

alevici

I'm on the same boat....I was asked the same thing for metal stamping.
Is it anough to evaluoate 1 characterising on a a sinlge product?
For example if I wanna evaluate markings on the surface, can I create a population with only one product with different level of markings?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
I'm on the same boat....I was asked the same thing for metal stamping.
Is it anough to evaluoate 1 characterising on a a sinlge product?
For example if I wanna evaluate markings on the surface, can I create a population with only one product with different level of markings?

yes, you can.

P

phoewash

Does anyone have an oq/pq protocol template for a vision system

Top Bottom