CMMI 3 - Software - Where we have to save all these documents

• Thread starter anitha.kuppuswamy
  • Start date
A

anitha.kuppuswamy

Hi,

our company want to achieve cmmi 3 and i am doing all the documentation work.

i have one doubt....

we are preparing project proposal some may win some may not...

my question is where we have to save all this documents,we have to keep it in separate folder? during CMMI certification de we need to provide all this during audit?

plz help me if any one know about this

cheers,
Anitha.k:thanx:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I think you're asking if your project proposals are auditable. I'm not sure if specific project files are auditable, but I would think that you would have a separate file containing documents related to each specific project proposal starting with the Request for Quote.

Any CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) experts out there?

A

anitha.kuppuswamy

Thank u Mr.Smith

Any Readers could answer my question

Thanks in Advance

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
From an email:
anitha.kuppuswamy said:
Hi,
Thank u for ur mail Mr.Smith

Do u have any idea how to map RUP into CMMI ?

What is RUP? Request for Proposal or something like that?

anitha.kuppuswamy said:
I have one doubt...

our company trying to get CMMI Level 3...so we are following some procedures now,my question is do we have to store all the project proposal document ? proposal that we send to customers some may win and some may not ..... so during certification auditing do we need to show all the proposals? if is it so where we have to store that document... we are using CVS as our repository...

Plz revert back to me

Awaiting for ur reply

Thanking u in advance

Regards,
Anitha.k

See above. I would expect your company keeps a file on each proposal. Most companies keep those files for future reference. What files are kept where would depend upon specifics of the relative procedures(s) as well as how your document control system is designed. Often in companies different aspects of proposals are kept in different departments. Then again, in many companies Sales keeps a 'Master' file on each proposal.

Where are you now? Have you passed CMMI Level 2?

A

anitha.kuppuswamy

Again Thanks Mr.Smith

We are in Chennai

we are planning to get CMMI 3 directly

RUP is Rational Unified Process, we plan to use CMMI along with RUP

Top Bottom