ISO 22000 Disadvantages - Student Exam Question

F

FoodSafetyCrazy

Hi there,:bigwave:

I am a final year uni student in the UK and I am desperate for some opinions/helpful ideas on one of my potential exam questions!:read:

The exam question is:

Compare and contrast the dangers and advantages of a local food safety system (i.e Safer Food, Better Business: a government initiative to help small food business with the haccp) with a global system such as ISO 22000.

I just can't think of anything at the moment. Any thoughts would be much appreciated thank you! xxx:thanks:

K

kgott

I am a final year uni student in the UK and I am desperate for some opinions/helpful ideas on one of my potential exam questions!:read:

The exam question is:

Compare and contrast the dangers and advantages of a local food safety system (i.e Safer Food, Better Business: a government initiative to help small food business with the haccp) with a global system such as ISO 22000.

I just can't think of anything at the moment. Any thoughts would be much appreciated thank you! xxx:thanks:

One advantage is that you have a model to use to ensure food safety with. Another is that with certification to that standard you can demonstrate a provable level of minimum performance capability. Another is that it provides potential customers with some assurance that you have good basic processes in place to ensure food safety. Another advantage is that by implementing the requirements of the standard you are controlling risk to the organization and to consumers,

On the down side, the standard does not ensure or guarantee high levels of performance or that contamination will not occur. Another down side this that a low level of compliance to standard may be exposed as a contributing factor to contamination in an investigation.

Another downside is that your target market may not put much value on having the certification and put much more value against perceived actual performance.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

The exam question is:

Crazy,

Companies relying on their certification instead of actively using and improving their food safety management systems.

In such companies the immediate post-certification months could be the most dangerous.

John

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
He is controversial, but he will give you some ideas against ISO - John Seddon. Just google "John Sedddon ISO" and you'll find lots of stuff.

F

FoodSafetyCrazy

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your replies! You have been very helpful! :agree1:

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Top Bottom