Opening the Tosebo forum to the public

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone have any objections to my opening this forum to the public to read?

As an FYI - One of the things I'm considering is adding a couple of camping related forums.

E

energy

Re: Opening this forum to the public

Marc said:

As an FYI - One of the things I'm considering is adding a couple of camping related forums.

Isn't it open to the public now? As recently discussed, they can read everything now, without registering. :bonk:

Marc said:
I have to admit that I've never read that forum even though I could, but no objections here... Hmmmm. Maybe a quality geek can learn something from campers? :p

/Claes

E

energy

Claes Gefvenberg said:
I have to admit that I've never read that forum even though I could, but no objections here... Hmmmm. Maybe a quality geek can learn something from campers? :p

/Claes

Oh.....You mean a stand alone forum separate from the "Q" Forums? I was thinking along the lines of the Hunting and Fishing Threads. :eek:

Marc

Leader

You fellas can see it because you're 'SuperModerators'.

I'm really looking at responses from the Tosebo folks as it's their forum. I don't know how private they want the content of the forum to be.

Marc

Leader
The Tosebo forum isn't open to the public to see

energy said:
Isn't it open to the public now? As recently discussed, they can read everything now, without registering. :bonk:
This is the Tosebo forum. Other than to the few people I have manually added, it's not visible to anyone except admins and super moderators.

E

energy

Marc said:
You fellas can see it because you're 'SuperModerators'.

I'm really looking at responses from the Tosebo folks as it's their forum. I don't know how private they want the content of the forum to be.

I think it's a neat forum. There may be some of those Tosebo or ex-Tosebo folks out there. Is it by design kind of a "secret" code among members? Like unwritten by-laws? An agreement? :confused:

G

GeorgeH

Marc,

I certainly have no problems with others reading our posted messages on the forum, but may question why they'd want to!

It's your site - do as you wish (...and thanks, again, for providing it to us!)

- "Running Deer"

Marc

Leader

Well, one never knows. When I started the Tosebo forum - well, when I did the original Tosebo page on my site, it was not because I was a multi-year Tosebo camper. It was that my year at Tosebo has lived in my mind for years. Very pleasant memories. That year was a watershed for me in many ways.

In addition, to me Tosebo represented everything good about people from it's respect for Native Americans to the broad experience it offered. I still remember the first time I took out one of the little sailboats alone. You folks know them by name - I can't remember any names. But I remember that feeling of 'freedom' out on that lake and the emotions I had - actually sailing a boat!

I originally kept the forum closed because I didn't really know how private you folks wanted to be. I'll wait a week and if no one objects I'll open it up.

Why would people read it? I don't know. I know I sometimes come across forums or blogs where I just enjoy reading about people's experiences.

I know we can't go back in time, but memories of the past so often bring a smile to my face and a rush of emotions that it's like - well, it just feels good.

As a brief comment, I really sorta consider the contents of this forum yours, not mine. It rides on the back of my regular forums so it costs me nothing. It has been good for me as reading your posts helped me better understand Tosebo and brought back a lot more memories than I had. Some things I knew nothing about - like the 'bus'. That must have really been an interesting trip!

Marc

Leader

energy said:
Is it by design kind of a "secret" code among members? Like unwritten by-laws? An agreement? :confused:
No. It's just a place to chat and I want to make sure none of the posters objects. Some folks do prefer some privacy - which is why I want to make sure no one objects. To me it's not a big issue. I just thought that some other may like to read about Tosebo and have been looking at how the forums are structured. I'm also considering some additional topics in the forums.

Top Bottom