Process Map - Turtle Diagram for Document Control

S

starfish

Good Evening

I am new to this forum, and would like to say it is full of useful information and tools, and I look forward to sharing information and knowledge with all on the forum.

To help me, can you please advise if it is acceptable to complete a process map for the Document Control elements relating to ISO 9001 :2008. This is to simplify a work procedure that I am re-writting.

I have looked through the examples and can not see any for DC, hence the reason for asking. If anyone has a copy they can submit, that would be really really helpful

Thanks!:bigwave:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Process Map - Turtle for Document Control

Starfish! Welcome to a fellow (whatever gender you may be!) Brit-living Cover!

I wouldn't suggest using a turtle, however a process map is quite a good idea. I'm surprised that there isn't an example here. My personal preference is for a written procedure, which I've got an example of. I've found it 'unnatural' to do a process map, but a procedure - IMHO and I know a whole lot of folks will have another thought - doesn't really 'fit'. However, what you choose is fine, as long as it works for you!

If you pm me your email address, I will fwd you my example.(I thought I'd posted it before)

harry

Trusted Information Resource
..................... I have looked through the examples and can not see any for DC, hence the reason for asking. If anyone has a copy they can submit, that would be really really helpful..........

Welcome to the Cove.

Examples can be found in the 'post attachments list' (located at the top left hand corner of the page header block). Example of a search using flowchart as keyword.

With regards to turtles, they served a different purpose - don't get mixed up.

S

starfish

Thank you for your reply. I probably did not explain correctly what I am looking for. I would like the Document Control Procedure to show 1. How it is an important interface within the foundations of a company, and secondly which I think either written text, flow chart or a process map will suffice, is showing how the steps revising a procedure to implementing the procedure on to the management system, this I think I will be able to cover myself with a flowchart, but any suggestions on showing the interfaces would be really helpful.

Top Bottom