Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) vs. Corrective Action Request (CAR)

S

simonyeeklang

Hi,
What is the difference of
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR)
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Corrective Action Request (CAR)

How to differentiate it ?
Thanks
Simon Yee

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
No difference fundamentally.
The SCAR is the request of corrective action to a Supplier for a non conformity related to the quality of its service/product provided to an organization. The organization can request an 8D approach to discover the root cause, make containemnt and fix action as well as preventive.
CAR is related to an internal non conformity in an organization , coming from internal audit, non conformity in line, etc...
Usually in the quality documentation the organization makes this difference so that it is clearer for the related management of this activities.
hope this helps:bigwave:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
I only use one CAR form. If it is a supplier issue, I use the same form and just check a "supplier" box. I also allow my suppliers to use their own documentation if they prefer. I worry about the content, form itself.

Thanks, Tom.
We request 8D form to suppliers based upon our ISO TS certification.
As to internal ncn we manage by means of electronic database and the template is clearly the same to the process of 8D. The nature to face the problem is the same ( problem solving appraoch) , the address is different.:bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

simonyeeklang,

from a decent website,

The Eight Disciplines 1. Use Team Approach
Establish a small group of people with the knowledge, time, authority and skill to solve the problem and implement corrective actions. The group must select a team leader.
2. Describe the Problem
Describe the problem in measurable terms. Specify the internal or external customer problem by describing it in specific terms.
3. Implement and Verify Short-Term Corrective Actions
Define and implement those intermediate actions that will protect the customer from the problem until permanent corrective action is implemented. Verify with data the effectiveness of these actions.
4. Define and Verify Root Causes
Identify all potential causes which could explain why the problem occurred. Test each potential cause against the problem description and data. Identify alternative corrective actions to eliminate root cause.
5. Verify Corrective Actions
Confirm that the selected corrective actions will resolve the problem for the customer and will not cause undesirable side effects. Define other actions, if necessary, based on potential severity of problem.
6. Implement Permanent Corrective Actions
Define and implement the permanent corrective actions needed. Choose on-going controls to insure the root cause is eliminated. Once in production, monitor the long-term effects and implement additional controls as necessary.
7. Prevent Recurrence
Modify specifications, update training, review work flow, improve practices and procedures to prevent recurrence of this and all similar problems.
8. Congratulate Your Team
Recognize the collective efforts of your team. Publicize your achievement. Share your knowledge and learning.

S

sanjeevikumar

Dear ,

There is no difference bw the SCAR & CAR.
Like QR from FORD, PRR from GM, SIR from NISSAN.
It is a communication form used by the companies for communicating the rejections to the suppliers.

Thanks,

S.Sanjeevi Kumar

S

sharney

Sometime within the 4th quarter, my company wishes to begin issuing internal corrective action notices. Hey, at least they now recognize this is an important tool! We do issue external SCAN's.
So, we have procurement, engineering, design engineering, manufacturing, sales and HR.
Am asking- triggering mechanisms for an ICAN?
Have some ideas such as repetitive freight damage, unreturned PPAP, failure to make print revisions, failure of a design review, shipping late to customers....etc.
Thanks to all as always.

K

kliechty

Hi Tom,

Our company is small and we need a form that is simple, direct and easy to understand for nontechnical staff. Can you and/or others provide a copy or link to such forms ?

Kim

Top Bottom