The International Society of Configuration Management (ISCM) certification exam

N

nmeduser1

I am planning on taking the certification exam (Level I Fundamental CM) in June and I am hoping someone has recently taken this exam and would be so kind and share with me what I can expect - i.e. how long? how many questions: true/false vs. multiple choice.........fill in the blank?.....essay questions?....and most importantly....how well did you do?

Thanks in advance.

nmeduser1

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I am planning on taking the certification exam (Level I Fundamental CM) in June and I am hoping someone has recently taken this exam and would be so kind and share with me what I can expect - i.e. how long? how many questions: true/false vs. multiple choice.........fill in the blank?.....essay questions?....and most importantly....how well did you do?

Thanks in advance.

nmeduser1

Can someone with this experience help?

Thank you very much.

Stijloor.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Thanks in advance.

nmeduser1
May I ask WHY you are seeking this certification? Do you currently work as a configuration manager or do you intend to seek work in this field?

I do not intend to cast any aspersions against this company offering the certification, BUT I do have some comment folks might consider before pursuing the certification, based on what I observe from the company's website.(www.cmtf.com)

1. The International Society of Configuration Management was created as an adjunct to the training courses offered by Mr. John Roberts and his own "Configuration Management Training Foundation" (the website owner)
  2. Each certification exam is given at the close of one of Mr. Roberts' training seminars, which probably means the exam is based on the content of the training course, not some independent "body of knowledge"agreed to by a cross section of independent certification managers experienced in a wide spectrum of organizations, in a manner similar to the creation of a body of knowledge for ASQ or SAE certifications.
  3. From what I can see of the course outlines, the structure of the courses conforms to what I would expect, since I, myself, am a long time expert and lecturer in the field of configuration management.
  4. The webpage for the actual certification exams was down for repairs when I last looked, perhaps the repaired pages will be more forthcoming about what to expect in such exams.
  5. I am curious as to how many folks have taken the exams WITHOUT first taking one of Mr. Roberts' multiday seminars and were able to pass. It would be disappointing to learn ONLY paying students had managed to pass the certification exam.
  6. I presume you are NOT one of the paying students, or you would have learned the answer to your question before you paid your money to be a student. If you paid BEFORE learning such info, shame on you!
  7. Before taking this exam, have you explored employers and how they would or would not give preferential treatment to job candidates with such a certification?

Top Bottom