Realisation of Product in regards to ISO 9001 for Private School (Education)

F

felica

stressful..
can someone tell me the way to present the quality manual for private school especially for the realisation of product (clause 7 onward).
thank you. i will be grateful.
any sample to let me refer to it.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Realisation of Product in regard to ISO 9001 for Private School

Have you defined what your product is?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Our old friends at the Stout campus of the University of Wisconsin are among the active practitioners of quality in education. You can look over their website and ask them some direct questions. Academicians are always eager to help, especially if there is a glimmer of hope they may get something to publish from helping. Like it or not, most untenured instructors and assistant professors are still caught in the "publish or perish" treadmill.
http://www3.uwstout.edu/aqip/
University of Wisconsin-Stout said:
University of Wisconsin-Stout participates in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), a quality-based, continuous improvement model of accreditation through The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Based on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program, the AQIP model's review process delivers useful feedback to participating institutions while providing assurance of institutional quality to NCA and other audiences.
Participating institutions create and maintain a Systems Portfolio describing the organization’s systems for getting its work done and accomplishing its goals. The Systems Portfolio is organized around the nine AQIP categories:

1. Helping Students Learn
  2. Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives
  3. Understanding Students' and Other Stakeholders' Needs
  4. Valuing People
  5. Leading and Communicating
  6. Supporting Institutional Operations
  7. Measuring Effectiveness
  8. Planning Continuous Improvement
  9. Building Collaborative Relationships
A set of questions in each category examines systems or groups of processes common to higher education institutions. These questions ask us to describe:

• the context for the system,
  • the key processes used to accomplish goals,
  • the performance results obtained with current processes, and
  • how the organization uses results data to improve and enhance the system
UW-Stout's System Portfolio will be updated annually to reflect changes in our systems and processes. If you have any questions regarding this report or its contents, please contact Julie Furst-Bowe, Provost.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

stressful..
can someone tell me the way to present the quality manual for private school especially for the realisation of product (clause 7 onward).

When in doubt, refer to IWA2 - International Workshop Agreement 2 — Quality Management Systems — Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 on education. (there's a 2007 version) This guideline provide explanations that are aligned to the education field.

This is a partial listing of clause 7 found in a previous thread/discussion.

-----------------------------------------------
Product and design aspects as stated in IWA 2:
=================================================
7.1 Planning of product realization in the education sector
The organization should plan the necessary resources for all processes.
In educational organizations, some processes for the product realization are:
a) teaching-learning activities,
b) designing and developing curricula,
c) formulation or establishment of research areas or projects,
d) training or other activities,
e) hiring staff,
f) acquiring materials and other resources,
g) admitting of candidates-students.
h) Controlling design and development changes in curricula, course calendars, timetables and prerequisites.
i) Securing accreditation of programs, professional degrees, and post-graduate studies
j) Providing library, audio-visual equipment, computers, and other services.
k) Providing security, safety and civil protection services.
l) Allocating classrooms, laboratories, workshops, auditorium, classroom for ceremonies, multi-use room and other similar spaces.
m) Maintaining facilities

7.1.1 Introduction
The major instructional processes that should be controlled may include needs assessment, instructional design, development, and delivery, and outcome measurement.

The major support processes described in ISO 9001 should also be controlled. For institutions selecting ISO 9001 control methods developed by instructors or a control committee may be established. The control method should be part of the management review to assure that instructional specifications are met and that the control methods are consistent with accepted quality practices. Changes in the control method of these major processes should be documented and the instruction should be evaluated after any change has taken place.

Observations should be made to verify that control methods are effective. Ineffective control methods should be modified.

7.2 Processes related to interested parties
For the most part, education institutions provide a service that is intangible, not storable, and consumed during delivery. Education institutions provide the opportunity for students to study existing knowledge and to practice its application. These institutions also have administrative support systems that help to ensure quality instruction.

Generic independent interested parties requirements may include (but not restricted to):
a) Safe, clean, facilities with someone in charge;
b) Two-way communication procedures between individuals and the instructional organization should be responsive;
c) All the organizations’ personnel treat interested parties with respect;
d) Appropriate activities conducted by qualified personnel.

7.2.1 Determination of product-related requirements in the educational institution
The education requirements are expressed as behaviour needed to meet academic professional and societies expectations

7.3.1 Design and development planning in the educational institution
In designing and developing the curriculum plan, the institution should consider entrance for the next grade to be the exit level of the present grade or competence level.

Top management should consider the design and development of education for the benefits of students and other interested parties.

Design control activities should be appropriate to the purpose and duration of the education.

Procedures should ensure that appropriate instruction materials match the instruction requirements.

Calibrated equipment may be needed for some instructional purposes.

Since needs assessment include student achievement and organization effectiveness these assessments should include potential or actual performance requirements to determine:
o how instruction can help students to become competent;
o how new requirements can be met;
o specific measures of instructional effectiveness; and
o if skills to be taught match curricular requirements.

These assessments should provide information that can be used in the instruction review process. Where experimental validation of instruction is not permitted, a peer review process could be adopted.

A needs analysis report should provide input to the instructional design process, describe the results of the needs assessment and state the goals for design.

Typically a report should:
o State why training was chosen as the intervention to improve performance;
o State any differences between required and acquired performance gaps, which the instruction was designed to meet;
o State how the gaps are to be met in performance terms and state the rationale;
o Identify the target student population;
o Identify preventive action;
o Specify any changes in instruction activities; and
o State that all relevant safety and legislative regulations are observed even when unstated in a contract, instruction specification, or curriculum.
===========================

By the way, Welcome to the forum.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
stressful..

Release your stress in the cove ;)

Welcome and hope you get your questions answered here and you participate in various threads :bigwave:

In addition to great responses from Wes and Harry, we had discussed IWA 2 here - ISO 9001:2000 Guidelines for Education Sector (ISO/IWA 2)

V

vanputten

You have to define your product. I have asked many people in the world of education to tell me what is their defined product. I have not ever had one person respond with a known, defined product description.

Life long learners?
Education (whatever that is)
Learning?
Understanding?
Knowledge?
Graduates?
Good grades?

What is your product?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Not defining the product is the first failure mode in these cases. You need to do that before you do anything else.
I agree. But, as important as defining your product is defining who your customer(s) is (are). Anytime we have a thread on ISO 9001 being applied in an educational setting, we can have long debates on whom the customers of the educational product are. The pupils? The parents (in case of underage students)? Society?

Top Bottom