Passed ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam!

A

Ashok GS

I just received my CQPA results. I cleared it. This was my first exam in ASQ.

I had used the following reference materials for preparation.

1. Juran's Quality Handbook
2. CQPA Handbook (Available in Google Books - Online Version only)
3. Wiki

For CQPA exam takers, my suggestion is to just stick to the BOK. No less or no more, just BOK is more than enough. Almost all portions of the BOK was covered. So there's no point of omission.

All the best for future exam goers. Please feel free to ask for any help or query.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Passed CQPA

Welcome Ashok,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Passed CQPA

Hi Ashok,

Namaste and shukriya (Welcome and Thanks)

We welcome your participation and hope to see your questions and answers in the cove soon :)

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

... I cleared it ... I had used the following reference materials for preparation.

3. Wiki

Just curious, how did you use Wiki on an ASQ exam?

I have served on the committees that review the exam prior to its use on a particular examination date. Your comment about coverage of the BOK is really no surprise as ASQ specifies the number of questions that are written from each Section of the exam. However, if you prepare for a particular exam type, it may or may not be there. For example, I recently completed the CSQE and the exam did not contain a question requiring direct calculation of the critical path, but asked about critical path calculation conceptually or "in theory."

A

Ashok GS

I guess i did say that i used WIKI during my preparation .... rather than at the ASQ exam itself.

But i prepared notes using Wiki as Reference, & used them at the exam, any harm in it ? :rolleyes:.

Thanks !

A

amanbhai

Congrats to you.

What topics did you read from Juran Handbook? Just curious :thanks:

A

Ashok GS

Juran's Quality Handbook falls into those big book categories. It is an ever lasting reference material for all concepts and teerminologies.

Well for the CQPA exam, I refered topics life Quality Basics, Quality Improvement Tools, Statistical Process Control.

CalRich

Involved In Discussions
I just took the CQPA exam on Dec 6, and apparently passed. For references, I used:
1. The Certified Quality Process Handbook from ASQ - it's got the whole BOK in it!
2. Desk Reference of Statistical Quality Methods, M. Crossley; only partly related to the BOK, but it's a great resource for SPC, descriptive statistics, etc.

The exam was a little harder than expected (frankly, I thought it would be a breeze). Although the handbook covered all of the topics of this exam's BOK, sometimes it didn't seem to have the information needed. In short, I think one had to assume some things and there was a lack of "black and white" answers to the questions.

Last edited:
R

ruchijia

Hi Ashok,
I am from bangalore and from past 1 year i have been working as SQA (software quality assurance engineer) and now looking for some certification in QA. I have done my MCA in 2004 and and for 1.6 years i worked as a developer and now working as SQA.
I need to ask you some quick question,
1) How much is the fees for all the process and the certification?
2) In india where are the certers ?
3) will it be helpfull for me?

i will be thankfull if you guide me in my carrier.:)

thanks,
Ruchijia.

I just received my CQPA results. I cleared it. This was my first exam in ASQ.

I had used the following reference materials for preparation.

1. Juran's Quality Handbook
2. CQPA Handbook (Available in Google Books - Online Version only)
3. Wiki

For CQPA exam takers, my suggestion is to just stick to the BOK. No less or no more, just BOK is more than enough. Almost all portions of the BOK was covered. So there's no point of omission.

All the best for future exam goers. Please feel free to ask for any help or query.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Ruchijia,
There is an ASQ Volunteer supported group that can help answer some of your questions.
ASQ India – Community of practice has volunteers from Bangalore. We conduct network meetings. You are welcome to attend whether you are member of ASQ or not.

ASQ India

The exams are administered in many locations including Bangalore.

Please do review the sticky threads in this discussion topic. There is lots of information already answered.

Regards,
Govind.

Top Bottom